Chicken Salna Recipe / Chicken Salna for Biryani with step by step pictures. Best ever chicken salna which can be served with biryani, parotta or roti.
Chicken Salna Recipe
I make different types of salna to go with different dishes. This is one recipe which goes well with pretty much anything, specially biryani..It taste simply superb..Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Chicken Salna Recipe | Chicken Salna for Biryani
- Oil - 3 tblspn
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chilli - 3
- Tomato - 2 large chopped
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn
- Coriander Powder - 1.5 tblspn
- Turmeric Powder /Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Coriander Leaves a handful finely chopped
For Roasting & Grinding:
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 2 cm piece
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tblspn
- Cardamom /Yelakai - 5
- Cloves / Krambu - 5
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Poppy Seeds / Khus Khus / Kasa Kasa - 3 tblspn
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai. Add in all roasting ingredients and roast till light golden. Remove it to a blender and make it into a smooth puree. Set aside.Heat some more oil in a pressure cooker. Add in onions, chillies and saute till golden.Add in ginger garlic paste and cook for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and salt. Cook till it gets mushy.
- Add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add in chicken and toss well. Add in water.
- Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistle, simmer the flame and cook for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
- Open the cooker, add in coconut masala and mix well.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 mins.
- Add in coriander leaves.
Chicken Salna Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|