I make different types of salna to go with different dishes. This is one recipe which goes well with pretty much anything, specially biryani..It taste simply superb..Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
- Oil - 3 tblspn
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chilli - 3
- Tomato - 2 large chopped
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn
- Coriander Powder - 1.5 tblspn
- Turmeric Powder /Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Coriander Leaves a handful finely chopped
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 2 cm piece
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tblspn
- Cardamom /Yelakai - 5
- Cloves / Krambu - 5
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Poppy Seeds / Khus Khus / Kasa Kasa - 3 tblspn
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai. Add in all roasting ingredients and roast till light golden. Remove it to a blender and make it into a smooth puree. Set aside.Heat some more oil in a pressure cooker. Add in onions, chillies and saute till golden.Add in ginger garlic paste and cook for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and salt. Cook till it gets mushy.
- Add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add in chicken and toss well. Add in water.
- Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistle, simmer the flame and cook for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
- Open the cooker, add in coconut masala and mix well.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 mins.
- Add in coriander leaves.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Heat little oil in a pan, add in your whole spices|
|saute them for a min|
|add in coconut|
|and some poppyseeds|
|saute them well|
|roast till they turn golden|
|Now it has turned little darker|
|take them in a blender jar|
|make it into a smooth puree..set aside|
|Now heat some oil in a pressure cooker|
|add in onions and green chillies|
|saute till golden|
|add in ginger garlic paste|
|add in tomatoes|
|cook till mushy|
|season with some salt|
|add in chilli powder, coriander powder|
|some cumin powder and turmeric powder|
|mix well, cook till oil separates|
|add in chicken|
|stir for few more mins|
|pour in water|
|and pressure cook till done|
|now add in the coconut masala in|
|simmer this till oil floats on top|
|add in coriander leaves|