Last Updated on November 20, 2020
"Rasmalai Cake is a Rich & Decadent Vanilla Cardamom Flavoured Eggless Cake, topped with a sweet thickened milk sauce. This cake is perfect when served chilled for any parties, specially diwali or any festive occasions"
Rasmalai Cake is nothing but a cardamom flavoured eggless cake which is topped with the malai. This cake has all the flavoured of rasmalai but it is inside the cake.
This is a super delicious rasmalai cake which taste like a rasmalai. This cake is great for any special occasions.
I have been wanting to bake this cake for a very very long time itself. Finally baked it few days back for this diwali. Usually we make sweets for diwali. This year why not try rasmalai sweet in a cake form. I am sure everyone will love it.
This cake is EGGLESS & VEGAN
Check out my Gulab Jamun Cake Recipe
What is Malai?
Malai is nothing but a thickened milk which has sugar added in them. Full Fat Milk is added to a large pot and the milk is cooked on medium to high heat. The milk solids is then scraped from the sides of the pot and added back into the pot. Sugar is added as per your taste and cooked till it gets thick consistency.
- STREUSAL COFFEE CAKE
- JAM COCONUT CAKE
- CHOCOLATE GLAZED HONEY CAKE
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TRUFFLE CAKE
- BLUEBERRY BUCKLE CAKE
- HUMMINGBIRD CAKE
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ½ cup 180 grams
- Sugar - ⅔ cup
- Plain Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup
- Oil or Melted Butter - ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Cardamom Extract or Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- Yellow food colour - few drops
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ½ tsp
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Milk - 1 liter
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Yellow food colour as needed
- Pistachios - 3 to 4 tblsp chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Spray a glass baking pan with oil and set aside.
- Take yogurt, sugar, oil, vanilla extract and cardamom powder in a bowl and whisk till sugar is melted.
- Add in food colour and mix well.
- Add in baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Add in flour and fold gently till combined.
- Add in little milk if the batter is too thick.
- Spoon this into the greased baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 mins till cake is cooked.
- Remove the cake from oven and leave to cool completely for few hours.
- Now take milk in a sauce pan, boil this and reduce it to half the quantity.
- Now add sugar and continue to cook till thickened.
- Add in food colour and mix well.
- Now take the cake and prick all over the cake using a fork.
- Now pour the sauce all over the cake.
- Top with pistachios.
- Chill the cake in fridge for few hours.
- Slice and serve.
2)This cake stays good for a week in fridge.
3)You can add saffron in the milk mixture for more aroma.
4)Cardamom powder can be added in the milk.
5)Any nuts can be used.
1)Take yogurt / Curd in a bowl
2)Add in oil or melted butter
3)Add in sugar
4)Whisk till combined
5)Add in vanilla extract
7)Add in food colour
8)Add in baking powder, cardamom powder
9)Add in baking soda
11)Add in flour
12)Add little milk if batter is too thick
14)Spray a baking pan with oil
15)You can use glass or any baking pan
16)Spoon the batter into the pan
17)Spread it evenly
18)Bake till done
19)Now make the sauce which will be poured on top. Take milk in a pot. Boil this till it is reduced to a half.
20)Add in sugar
21)Cook till it gets thick.
22)Add in food colour
23)Boil till the milk is reduced.
24)Poke holes on the cake using a fork.
25)Pour the sauce on top
26)Sprinkle top with chopped nuts. Leave the cake in fridge for couple of hours.
27)Slice and serve.