Spicy Potato Podimas Recipe – Urulai Kizhangu Kara Podimas Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy Potato Podimas Recipe. Super spicy and flavourful urulai kizhangu podimas recipe taste yummy with tomato rice, curd rice, rasam rice.
I have shared two types of podimas recipe in my blog. This one is a more spicy version and is super duper easy to make. This curry is so yummy with curd rice. It is my favorite way of enjoying this curry. But it taste delicious with roti, phulkas as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Potatoes - 3 large boiled peeled and roughly mashed
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai -1 small piece
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cook potatoes, peel off the skins and mash it roughly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, cinnamon and fennel seeds. let them sizzle.
- Add in curry leaves, asafoetida and mix well.
- Add in onions, green chillies and cook till golden.
- Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add in potatoes and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and urad dal and let it splatter.
2)Add in cinnamon and fennel seeds.
3)Add in curry leaves
4)Add in little asafoetida
5)Let them sizzle.
6)Add in onions and green chillies.
7)Cook that till golden brown.
8)Add in salt and turmeric powder.
9)Add in chilli powder
10)Mix that well.
11)Add in boiled crushed potatoes.
12)Mix that through.