Spicy Potato Podimas Recipe or Urulai Kizhangu Kara Podimas Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy Potato Podimas Recipe. Super spicy and flavourful urulai kizhangu podimas recipe taste yummy with tomato rice, curd rice, rasam rice.
I have shared two types of podimas recipe in my blog. This one is a more spicy version and is super duper easy to make. This curry is so yummy with curd rice. It is my favorite way of enjoying this curry. But it taste delicious with roti, phulkas as well.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Spicy Potato Podimas Recipe | Urulai Kizhangu Kara Podimas Recipe
- 3 large Potatoes boiled, peeled and roughly mashed
- 1 large Onion chopped finely
- 1 Green Chillies chopped finely
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- a sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Cook potatoes, peel off the skins and mash it roughly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, cinnamon and fennel seeds. let them sizzle.
- Add in curry leaves, asafoetida and mix well.
- Add in onions, green chillies and cook till golden.
- Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add in potatoes and mix well.
Spicy Potato Podimas Recipe with Step by Step
1)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and urad dal and let it splatter.
2)Add in cinnamon and fennel seeds.
3)Add in curry leaves
4)Add in little asafoetida
5)Let them sizzle.
6)Add in onions and green chillies.
7)Cook that till golden brown.
8)Add in salt and turmeric powder.
9)Add in chilli powder
10)Mix that well.
11)Add in boiled crushed potatoes.
12)Mix that through.
Potato Podimas Recipe with Coconut
Ingredients for Potato Podimas
- Potato- 4 cooked
- Onion-2 chopped finely
- Green chilli-3 chopped finely
- Coconut- ½ cup
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundam paruppu - 1 tsp
- Channa dal / Kadala paruppu - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing /Kaya podi- ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves 1 spring
- Oil-1 tblspn
How to Make Potato Podimas
- Mash potatoes slightly. Chop up your onions and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard seeds allow it to pop.
- Add in channa dal, urad dal, cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves.
- Now add in onions and green chillies. Season with salt. Cook this for 3 mins.
- Add in coconut and mix well. Now add in potatoes and toss well so that it coats with the masala.
- Stir fry this for 5 mins.
- Serve it with any gravy and rice.
Potato Podimas Recipe with Coconut Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|
|Prepare everything up|
|Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds|
|add in channa dal and urad dal|
|add in cumin seeds|
|in with hing|
|and curry leaves|
|add in onions and curry leaves|
|sprinkle some salt so that the onions will cook faster|
|Onion is nice and translucent|
|add in coconut|
|stir fry for a minute|
|add in potatoes|
|and mix well|