Swedish Cream Wafers Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. These Cream Biscuits are so delicious. Melt in mouth texture. This recipe will be your favorite christmas cookie recipe. Perfect for christmas parties.
Another unique swedish recipe which have lots of cream and butter to make it delicious. Maybe not so great for your arteries, but once in a while, who cares?
Few tips to get perfect cookie.
- The only thing I would suggest is keeping the cookies chilled until right before serving. They are still wonderful, but don't crumble as much as when they are at room temperature.
- These cookies also freeze very well, so you can make them well in advance of when they will be eaten. So delicious!
- Chill the cookie dough for atleast an hour before rolling for easy roll.
- You can colour the butter cream filling as per your wish.
I was surprised seeing a cookie recipe which is made with just three ingredients. The dough has just three ingredients and no sugar added which surprised me. But once i made i was convinced. The sugar which we roll the cookie makes it.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Swedish Cream Wafers Recipe - Cream Biscuits Recipe
- Unsalted Butter - 100 grams
- Cream - 4 tblsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Sugar for rolling the cookie
- Unsalted Butter - ¼ cup
- Icing sugar / Confectioners Sugar - 1.5 cup
- Vanilla - ½ tsp
- Mix cream, butter till creamy. Add flour and make a soft dough. Wrap and chill in fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C.
- Now roll it and cut using cookie cutters.
- Take each cookie and roll in sugar. Arrange it in a baking sheet.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for 7 to 9 mins. Remove and cool completely.
- Mix butter, icing sugar and vanilla till creamy and fluffy. Fill a piping bag with the cream.
- Take a cookie and pipe with the cream.
- Sandwich with other cookie and set aside.
1)Start by making cookies. Take butter in a bowl
2)Add in cream to it
3)Cream it together
4)Add in flour
5)Make a soft dough
6)Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside in fridge for atleast 30 mins.
10)Place over sugar
11)Roll it well
12)Place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. I sprinkles some demerrara sugar on few cookies
14)Take butter in a bowl
15)Add in icing sugar
16)Add in vanilla
18)Fill piping bag with cream and snip off the corners
19)Flip over the cookie
20)PIpe cream over it
21)Sandwich with other cookies
Check out other recipes to