Crispy Urad dal Murukku which is not only easy to make but makes the crispiest murukku as well. It needs just few basic ingredients.
- Pottukadalai Murukku
- Sooji Murukk
- Ring Murukku
- Oats Murukku
- Garlic Murukku
- Moongdal Murukku
- Achu Murukku
- Coconut Milk Murukku
- Mullu Murukku
- Wheat flour murukku
- Easy chakli recipe
Ulundu Murukku Recipe | Urad Dal Murukku
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Also Check out - Besan Murukku Recipe
Easy Ulundu Murukku
- Urad dal - ½ cup
- Rice Flour - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi - ¼ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash urad dal, take it in a pressure cooker. Cover with 2 cups water. Pressure cook for 3 whistle. Once pressure is released open the cooker, drain off excess water if there is any. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Add this to a bowl with all other ingredients except oil for deep frying.
- If you need water, add the dal cooked water little by little. Knead to a dough.
- Place this in murukku press and make murukku.
- Deep fry till crispy.
- Drain and cool it completely.
- Store in a air tight container.
How to Make Murukku With Pictures
1)measure your urad dal
2)Wash it well. Take this in a pressure cooker
3)Pressure cook for 3 whistle. If there is extra water, drain it completely.
4)Take it in a blender
5)Make it into a smooth puree
6)Take it in a bowl
8)Add sesame seeds
9)Add rice flour
11)Add water little by little and shape it into a dough.
12)I used this achu
13)Place dough in press
16)Drop in hot oil
17)Fry till crispy
19)Store in a container.