Last Updated on August 5, 2021
How To Make Urad Dal Murukku (Ulundu Murukku) Recipe
Crispy Urad dal Murukku which is not only easy to make but makes the crispiest murukku as well. It needs just few basic ingredients.
- Pottukadalai Murukku
- Sooji Murukk
- Ring Murukku
- Oats Murukku
- Garlic Murukku
- Moongdal Murukku
- Achu Murukku
- Coconut Milk Murukku
- Mullu Murukku
- Wheat flour murukku
- Easy chakli recipe
Ulundu murukku, Urad dal murukku Recipe Steps
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Also Check out - Besan Murukku Recipe
Urad Dal Murukku Recipe - Ulundu Murukku
- Urad dal - ½ cup
- Rice Flour - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi - ¼ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash urad dal, take it in a pressure cooker. Cover with 2 cups water. Pressure cook for 3 whistle. Once pressure is released open the cooker, drain off excess water if there is any. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Add this to a bowl with all other ingredients except oil for deep frying.
- If you need water, add the dal cooked water little by little. Knead to a dough.
- Place this in murukku press and make murukku.
- Deep fry till crispy.
- Drain and cool it completely.
- Store in a air tight container.
Ulundu Murukku Recipe Pictures
1)measure your urad dal
2)Wash it well. Take this in a pressure cooker
3)Pressure cook for 3 whistle. If there is extra water, drain it completely.
4)Take it in a blender
5)Make it into a smooth puree
6)Take it in a bowl
8)Add sesame seeds
9)Add rice flour
11)Add water little by little and shape it into a dough.
12)I used this achu
13)Place dough in press
16)Drop in hot oil
17)Fry till crispy
19)Store in a container.