Last Updated on October 23, 2021
"Tomato Garlic Chutney with Step by Step Pictures. So flavourful chutney which can be used to serve with tiffin items as well as used as a spread for sandwich."
Yay. Weekend is finally arrived...I waited this whole week for this one..I know I know I say this everytime. But what to do,I love my weekends a lot and I expect it always.
There are days when I have even thought if I have a year full of weekends, Wondering how it will be...Hmmmmm. Dont laugh at me. I have so many plans for weekend. I have to visit one of my collegue house for navarathiri tomorrow. She invited my family to take part in that function. Will post pictures of that later.
You can serve tomato garlic chutney with all these tiffin recipes
Similar Chutney Recipes,
Tomato Garlic Chutney Recipe
- Tomato-2 big chopped
- Garlic-20 cloves
- Dry red chilli-4
- Oil-1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- For Tempering:
- Oil-2 tblspn
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeerakam-1 tsp
- Channa dal / Kadala paruppu-1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundam paruppu-1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi- ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- Dry red chilli-2
- Heat oil in a kadai and add in garlic..Fry this for 2 mins or untill fried..
- Now add in dry red chilli and tomato...Mix well..
- Add salt and mix well..Cover this and cook till the tomato is mushy.
- Now let this mixture cool down...Take this in blender and make in to a fine paste..
- Tip this in to a bowl..
- Now make tempering by heating oil and crackling mustard,channa dal,urad dal,dry red chilli,cumin seeds,asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Pour this over the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with dosa or idli..
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
|Take all your ingrediants|
|fry some garlic|
|add in red chilli|
|season with some salt|
|cover it up|
|and cook till mushy...I added some extra chilli powder..Because i want it to be little bit spicy..You don't have to do that..|
|Let it cool a bit|
|take this in a blender|
|make it into a fine puree|
|pour it in a bowl|
|pour it over the chutney|