I have been a little busy today..We are in full diwali spirit and preparing diwali pakchanam now. I have only minutes to do this post. I will write about the preparations in my following post. Now I have a simple flavourful chutney for you all..Its made with my favourite ingredients “Peanuts”
About Peanut Chutney
Peanuts are toasted and ground with onions, chillies, ginger and garlic which makes a creamy peanut chutney. This chutney taste delicious with idli or dosa. This is a spicy version of peanut butter.
Andhra Peanut Chutney Recipe
- Peanuts-1 cup
- Dry Red chilli-3
- Garlic -2 cloves
- Onion-1 sliced
- Tamarind-a small piece or use 1 tsp of tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
- Oil-1 tblspn
- For Seasoning / Tempering:
- Oil-2 tblspn
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku-1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi- ¼ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundam Paruppu-1 tsp
- Curry leaves a spring
- Heat 1 tblspn oil in a pan and add in peanuts and roast for 3 mins..Remove and let it cool down..
- In the same pan and garlic and red chillies...Now add in onions and cook till the onions turn translucent..
- Now take the peanuts and onion mixture in a blender and add in some salt and tamarind paste..
- Grind this to a smooth paste by adding some water..
- Remove and pour it in a bowl...
- Now make seasoning by crackling mustard,urad dal,hing and curry leaves in oil..
- Pour this over the chutney and serve with idli...
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Peanut Chutney Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
I made this chutney and served with my quinoa idli and it was fantastic. I loved the nuttyness you get from the peanuts in the chutney. Make this chutney spicy and pour some gingelly oil over it and enjoy.
Similar Chutney Recipes,
- Green Capsicum Chutney
- Red Capsicum Chutney
- Onion Chutney
- Beetroot Chutney
- Chilli Garlic Chutney
- Onion Tomato Chutney
Ingredients For Tomato Peanut Chutney
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes - 3 to 4
- Dry Red Chilli - 2 to 4
- Coconut - 3 tblspn
- Peanuts - 3 tblspn
- Garlic - 4 to 5 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- For Seasoning:
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
Tomato Peanut Chutney Preparation
- Heat oil in a pan, add chilli, garlic, peanut and coconut and toast for a couple of mins. Take it in a blender.
- In the same pan, add tomatoes, salt and sugar and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 mins. Now take that in the same blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and urad dal. Let them sizzle. Add the chutney in and mix well.
- Serve with idli or dosa.
|take your ingredients|