Spread the Joy!
Bengali Luchi Recipe | Luchi Recipe with step wise pictures.
Soft and fluffy bengali style luchi recipe. Taste great with dal, chicken curry, aloo curry. This is perfect for breakfast.This recipe is similar to my battura, but it has no curd or milk in it. There are few differences between luchi, poori and battura. Poori is made with wheat flour and it golden in colour, plus it gets a little hard and dense when it cools. Battura has milk, curd, some kind of raising agent or yeast it in. But this luchi is white in colour and has a good amount of ghee or oil in them which makes it soft soft even after it cools.. Similar Recipes, Battura Poori Methi Poori Masala Poori Palak Poori Ragi Poori Sidedish for luchi, Tomato Curry, Butter Paneer, Chole Masala, Chana Masala, Aloo Peas Curry and Many more..
This luchi is so soft and so yummy. Please add a good amount of ghee or oil in the dough, it makes it soft. This taste yummy and soft even it gets cold. I hope you will love this and let me know how it turns out for you..
Bengali Luchi Recipe / Luchi Recipe
Soft and fluffy bengali style luchi recipe. Taste great with dal, chicken curry, aloo curry. This is perfect for breakfast.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 4 servings
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 2 tblspn ( If using Oil use 3 tblspn )
- Water - as needed
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Take flour, salt and ghee in a bowl. Add a splash of water and mix well using your hands so the ghee is mixed into the flour.
- Now make a well in the center. Pour in water and knead it to a soft but firm dough, It shouldn't be sticky.
- Now cover it up and leave it to rest for 30 mins.
- Now divide the dough into small balls. Grease your board and rolling pin with some oil.
- Now take a small ball and roll it into little thick circle.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Drop the poori in hot oil and press the top with a slotted spoon. It will puff up. Flip over and cook for few sec.
- It shouldn't colour it should be still white.
- Now drain it in paper towel.
- Serve with any curries.
|Take your ingredients|
|Take all purpose flour / maida in a bowl|
|add in some salt|
|now add in ghee..you need to add a good amount of ghee..if you dont feel like using ghee, then add in some oil|
|pour a splash of water|
|mix lightly using a soon|
|now use your fingers to crumble it|
|so it looks like a coarse mix|
|make a well in the center|
|Pour in water|
|knead it to a soft but firm dough|
|cover and let it rest for 30 mins|
|now lets make the luchi|
|you shouldn’t use flour for rolling the luchis, instead use some oil to grease the rolling board and pin|
|take a small ball from it|
|roll it to poori like, it should be little thick. If you want very light luchi, roll it thin.|
|heat oil for deep frying|
|drop the poori in|
|press the top using a slotten spoon|
|it will puff up|
|invert it and cook for few sec|
|drain and serve..it will be very soft..|