Mutton Stew Recipe – Mild Lamb Stew Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious mutton stew which goes well with aapam, dosa, chapati or idiappam. This is easy to make and taste amazing too.
Its been a while since i shared any mutton recipe here. Yesterday hubby bought some mutton and i made two recipes for you all. It is this one and a mutton fry . Both of them turned out so good.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Mutton - 500 grams
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Pandan leaf - 1
- Onion - 2 large sliced
- Green Chillies - 4
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 large chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Cashews - 10
- Melon Seeds / 3 tblsp
- Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Water as needed
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cook mutton in a pressure cooker. Cook for 5 to 8 whistle.
- Grind cashews, melon seeds to a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf. Let it sizzle.
- Add in onions, chilies and cook till light golden.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add in mutton and melon seed mix and cook till raw smell leaves. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Add in coconut milk and mix well.
- Add in garam masala powder,coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Cook mutton for 5 to 6 whistle till it is done.
2)Take cashews and melon seeds in a blender
3)Grind till smooth puree
4)Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add in pandan leaf, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
5)Add in onions, green chillies and curry leaves
6)Saute till light brown
7)Add in ginger garlic paste.
8)Saute till raw smell leaves
9)Add in tomatoes
10)Cook till mushy
11)Add turmeric, salt and mix well
13)Add in melon seeds and cashew mix.
14)Add in cooked mutton
15)Mix well. Cook for 10 mins on low heat
16)Add in coconut milk
18)Simmer for 2 mins
19)Add garam masala powder
20)Add coriander leaves