|“Butter Chicken is one of the popular recipe around the world. This is super easy to make and taste so delicious. You can serve butter chicken with some naan bread or roti as well.”|
Chicken is marinated for several hours in a mixture of lemon juice, dahi (yogurt) Kashmiri red chilli, salt, garam masala and ginger garlic paste.
The chicken is usually cooked in a tandoor (traditional clay oven), but may be grilled, roasted, or pan-fried. It is served in a mild curry sauce that includes butter. The sauce is a tomato- and onion-based sauce that is simmered until smooth and much of the water has evaporated. There are many variations on the composition and spicing of the sauce, which is sieved so that it is finally velvety smooth. Spices may include cardamom, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, coriander, pepper, garam masala and fenugreek . Cream may be used in the sauce or as a garnish. Cashew paste may be used as a thickener and is finally garnished with coriander.
- Chicken - ½ kg(Boneless)
- Tomato Puree - 2 cup
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tblspn
- Green chilli- 2 finely chopped
- Red chilli powder-2 tsp
- Garam Masala-1 tsp
- Kasuri methi - 2 tsp
- Fresh cream- ½ cup
- Cornstarch - 1 tblspn
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Butter- 3 tblspn
- Salt-to taste
- Sugar-1 tsp
- Coriander leaves-for garnishing
- Marinate the cut chicken pieces in corn starch,1 tsp chilli powder and some salt.
- In a Kadai add oil and put in the chicken pieces and just sear the chicken pieces till it is no longer pink.Remove it and set aside.
- Now melt some butter in the same kadai and add chilli and ginger garlic paste.
- Pour in the tomato puree and mix well,Put in the chilli powder and cook untill oil separates from it.
- Add salt and sugar to taste,Add in the chicken pieces with some water and cover and cook till the chicken is completely done.
- Now just crush in the Kasuri methi leaves in and mix.
- Add in the fresh cream and mix well and switch off the flame.
- Add in the rest of the Butter and Garnish with Coriander leaves.