Spicy and tangy chatpate chicken with step by step pictures. Tasty and easy side dish for rice or roti.
Chatpate chicken is one of the easy chicken dish you can ever make, it all come together in under 15 to 20 mins. But taste really yummy and tangy.
About this Recipe
Chatpate, also known as Muri, is a popular street food in Nepal and India. It's made with Puffed Rice (or Rice Crisps, which can be found online or at an Indian store). It's oil-free, veggie-packed, light, spicy, and crunchy in texture. Chatpate is extremely simple to make. Chatpate is a popular street food among teenagers because it
contains a variety of delectable flavours.
Easy Chicken Curry
Traditional Chicken Curry
No Coconut Chicken Curry
Roasted Chicken Curry
Chettinad Chicken Curry
Aloo Chicken Curry
Ingredients for Chatpate Chicken Recipe :
Boneless Chicken Breast :
Chicken breasts are prone to drying out when overcooked, so they should be cooked quickly over high heat. Cooking chicken breasts in a skillet, stir-frying, roasting/baking, or grilling are the best options.
When paired with all-purpose flour, cornstarch helps prevent gluten development, which makes the flour coating crispier, and absorb moisture (from the frying and the chicken), which also means a crispier coating.
Chat Masala Powder :
Chaat Masala has a distinct and easily identifiable flavour. Its a complex blend of tart, spicy, salty, tangy, and sour flavours with a hint of sweetness.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Chatpate Chicken Recipe
- Oil - 2 tblspn
- Butter - 1 tblspn
- Boneless Chicken Breast - 1 large cubed
- Cornflour - 2 to 3 tblspn
- Cashews a handful
- Garlic - 6 cloves crushed
- Dry Red Chilli - 3
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Capsicum - ½ sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chat Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Coriander leaves as needed
- Mix chicken with cornflour and set aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and drop chicken in and cook for 2 to 3 mins till it is done. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, add some butter and add cashews, garlic and chillies. Cook till golden.
- Add in onions, capsicum along with salt and saute till lightly golden.
- Add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add in chicken and toss in the spices.
- Add a splash of water and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves and toss well.
Wow.. looking yummy. .....
Tried. Tasty chicken dish.