Chicken Lasagna Recipe which is cooked with spicy chicken sauce and creamy white sauce. The cheese on top taste so delicious.
Lasanga is a type of pasta which is easiest and oldest Recipe originated from city of Naples in Italy during the middle age. The words Lasagne or Lasagna originated from the ancient Greece name “Laganon” which is said to be the first form of pasta . Laganon is referred to thin strips of flat pasta sheets.
It is the plural form of Lasagna. The plural form is widely used in British English , while the American English use the singular version. In southern part of the Italy they use dried sheets of pasta but the northern region uses the fresh egg pasta
Ingredients for Chicken Lasagna
No Cook Lasagna Sheets | lasagna sheets : no need to cook the sheets before we assemble the lasagna . The liquid from the chicken sauce, Creamy white sauce and cheese is enough to cook the lasagna in the Oven when baking it
Mozzarella Cheese as needed : Mozzarella is a southern Italian traditional cheese. Cheese gives the melted texture for the meat or spinach we use in lasagna If you are cheese towards the end of your baking process kindly make sure that it doesn’t fall into the rest of the dish
Lasagna is quite easy to make but it can feed a crowd. All you need is to make some tomato sauce and white sauce and you are good to go. You can make a huge batch of it and make multiple pans of lasagna and freeze it. Directly bake frozen lasagna and enjoy on busy week nights.
You can make lasagna sheets on your own too. Here is a recipe for homemade lasagna sheet recipe.
- Vegan Lasagna Sheets
- Spinach & Mushroom Lasagna
- Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Mac & Cheese
- Vegetable & Chicken Pasta
- Arrabiatta Pasta
The best pan for baking lasagna is Glass or Ceramic pan. These pans are slower in heating process than Metal pan. Finally If you notice the cheese doesn’t comes as browned and bubbly, Then turn the oven to broil right before you remove the chicken lasagna from the oven.
Allow lasagna to sit for about 10 minutes before you cut into it. This will help you get clean slices.
Chicken Lasagna is usually served with fresh Veggie salad or Ginger bread
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- No Cook Lasagna Sheets as needed
- Mozzarella Cheese as needed
FOR WHITE SAUCE:
- Butter - ¼ cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¼ cup
- Milk - 2 to 3 cups
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
FOR TOMATO SAUCE:
- Olive Oil - 2 tblsp
- Garlic - 2 tblsp chopped
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped finely
- Tomatoes - 4 to 5 chopped finely
- Cooked Chicken - 4 cups chopped finely
- Oregano - 2 tsp
- Basil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes - 2 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat butter in a pan, add flour and stir fry for a min. Add milk slowly and keep mixing till it thickens.
- Add in salt, pepper and mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add onions, garlic, carrots, tomatoes and saute for 2 mins.
- Cover and cook till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add chicken and other spices and mix well.
- Add in ketchup and water and mix well. Cook till sauce thickens.
- Take a baking dish, spread tomato sauce in the bottom. Place lasagna sheets. Top with white sauce. Top with more tomato sauce, then mozzarella cheese. repeat this two times.
- The top layer should be white sauce. Top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 40 mins in a 180 degree c oven.
- Now remove the cover, place it in grill mode and cook for 5 mins till top is golden brown.
- Remove and cool for 5 mins.
Chicken Lasagna Recipe with step by step pictures
1)Start by making white sauce. Melt butter in a sauce pan
2)Add in all purpose flour
3)Stir fry for few mins
4)Add milk slowly and keep mixing
5)Cook till it thickens
6)Add in black pepper
7)Add in salt
8)Now sauce is done
9)Draw a line on the spoon and the sauce should stay in that
10)Heat olive oil in a pan
11)Add garlic, onions, carrots and tomatoes
12)Saute for few mins,
14)Add in red chilli flakes
15)oregano and basil
17)Add water and cook for 4 to 5 mins.
18)Add in coriander leaves
19)Take a baking dish
20)Spoon some sauce in the bottom
21)Place lasagna sheets on top. I used no cook lasagna sheets
22)Spoon some white sauce
23)Top with the veggie sauce
25)Repeat this two more times. The final layer should be white sauce
26)Top with cheese
27)Cover and cook for 40 mins
28)During the last 5 mins broil it.