Chicken Lasagna Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Lasagna is quite easy to make but it can feed a crowd. All you need is to make some tomato sauce and white sauce and you are good to go. You can make a huge batch of it and make multiple pans of lasagna and freeze it. You can directly bake frozen lasagna and enjoy on busy week nights.
You can make lasagna sheets on your own too.Here is a recipe for homemade lasagna sheet recipe..
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- No Cook Lasagna Sheets as needed
- Mozzarella Cheese as needed
- Butter - ¼ cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¼ cup
- Milk - 2 to 3 cups
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil - 2 tblsp
- Garlic - 2 tblsp chopped
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped finely
- Tomatoes - 4 to 5 chopped finely
- Cooked Chicken - 4 cups chopped finely
- Oregano - 2 tsp
- Basil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes - 2 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat butter in a pan, add flour and stir fry for a min. Add milk slowly and keep mixing till it thickens.
- Add in salt, pepper and mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add onions, garlic, carrots, tomatoes and saute for 2 mins.
- Cover and cook till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add chicken and other spices and mix well.
- Add in ketchup and water and mix well. Cook till sauce thickens.
- Take a baking dish, spread tomato sauce in the bottom. Place lasagna sheets. Top with white sauce. Top with more tomato sauce, then mozzarella cheese. repeat this two times.
- The top layer should be white sauce. Top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 40 mins in a 180 degree c oven.
- Now remove the cover, place it in grill mode and cook for 5 mins till top is golden brown.
- Remove and cool for 5 mins.
1)Start by making white sauce. Melt butter in a sauce pan
2)Add in all purpose flour
3)Stir fry for few mins
4)Add milk slowly and keep mixing
5)Cook till it thickens
6)Add in black pepper
7)Add in salt
8)Now sauce is done
9)Draw a line on the spoon and the sauce should stay in that
10)Heat olive oil in a pan
11)Add garlic, onions, carrots and tomatoes
12)Saute for few mins,
13)Add in cooked chicken
14)Add in red chilli flakes
15)Add in oregano and basil
16)Add in ketchup
17)Add water and cook for 4 to 5 mins.
18)Add in coriander leaves
19)Take a baking dish
20)Spoon some sauce in the bottom
21)Place lasagna sheets on top. I used no cook lasagna sheets
22)Spoon some white sauce
23)Top with the veggie sauce
24)Top with cheese
25)Repeat this two more times. The final layer should be white sauce
26)Top with cheese
27)Cover and cook for 40 mins
28)During the last 5 mins broil it.