Chicken Alfredo Recipe with step by step pictures. chicken tossed with pasta which is mixed with creamy alfredo sauce. Creamy alfredo chicken pasta which taste delicious. The pasta has chicken, cream added to it.
This is one of my favorite pasta. It is quite different from tomato based pasta recipe. This one is cream based, it has its own amazing flavour and creaminess. Totally yummy. I added chicken in this, but you can make it completely veg.
Add any vegetables like mushroom, zuchinni, peppers, broccoli in this and make it veg alfredo..You can check out my pasta recipes here, I have quite a collection of it. I have an indian style pasta recipe coming on its way so keep looking for it.
About this Recipe
Fettuccine Alfredo, also known as fettuccine al burro, is an Italian pasta dish that consists of fresh fettuccine tossed in butter and Parmesan cheese. As the cheese melts, it emulsifies the liquids, resulting in a smooth, rich cheese sauce that coats the pasta. The dish is named after Alfredo di Lelio, who served it at his restaurant in
Rome from the early to mid-twentieth century; the ceremony of preparing it table side was an important part of the dish.
Bow Tie pasta:
Bow-tie pasta is also known as Farfalle pasta or butterfly pasta. The word farfalle is derived from the Italian word. Farfalle are known as strichetti in the Italian region of Emilia-Romagna. Farfalloni is a larger version of farfalle, while farfalline is a miniature version.
What's the difference between chicken Alfredo and fettuccine?
The difference is that chicken alfredo is made with a creamy sauce, whereas chicken fettuccine can be made with any sauce, creamy or not.
Ingredients for Bowtie Chicken Alfredo Recipe:
Since fresh pasta frequently contains eggs, the flavours of dried and
fresh pastas are likely to differ. Similarly, the flavours of egg noodles,
soba noodles, and rice noodles will differ due to the different
Chicken Breast :
Chicken breasts are prone to drying out when overcooked, so they
should be cooked quickly over high heat. Cooking chicken breasts in
a skillet, stir-frying, roasting/baking, or grilling are the best options.
Parmesan Cheese :
Parmesan cheese has a hard, gritty texture and a fruity, nutty
flavour. It is typically eaten grated over pastas or in soups and
risottos, but it can also be eaten on its own as a snack.
Chicken Alfredo Recipe | How to Make Alfredo Pasta
- 2 cups Pasta I used bowtie, you can use any shape
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Onion chopped finely
- 5 cloves Garlic chopped finely
- 1 cup Water You can use White Wine
- 1 cup Heavy Cream - 1 cup
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese I used amul cheese cube
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves / Cilantro finely chopped
- Start by cooking pasta. Bring lots of water to a boil with salt. Add in pasta and cook as per package directions. When cooked drain and set aside.
- Now heat butter in a pan in which you are going to make pasta.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the chicken over the heated butter. Cook for 5 to 7 mins on both sides till the chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove them and cut into chunks.
- Now in the residue on the pan, add more butter if needed. Add in onions and garlic. Cook them for couple of mins.
- Add in water, you can use white wine. Mix it up and scrape all the residue. Bring this to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in cream and mix well.Bring it to boil again. Add in the cooked chicken chunks and mix well. Simmer for 5 mins or so till the flavours incorporate.
- Add in grated cheese and mix well so the cheese melts in the sauce.
- Add in cooked pasta and toss well. Simmer for 5 mins or so.
- Turn off the heat and add in chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot with more cheese.
Chicken Alfredo Recipe with step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|