Sweet Corn Frittata Recipe with step by step pictures. Eggs cooked with vegetables in a pan and baked to finish.
I made this for yesterday's dinner and I couldn't wait to share it with you all. So here I am with the post..Normally fritatta's are just made with eggs, but I gave my unique twist in it and added a tortilla( in my case it is a chapati) as a base and made this. So this munch on dish turned into a full meal.
About Frittata Recipe
I absolutely have a craze towards frittata specially if they have all my favorite stuffs in it..The cool thing about this is you can add whatever floats your boat, there is no specific rule to make this.. I used my absolute favourite ingredients Corn Kernels.
Whole Corn Kernels are so versatile, because those kernels taste so fresh and you don't get those slimy taste which you normally get in some canned stuff. I added some fresh vegetables to brighten the whole dish. I added a healthy splash of Tomato Ketchup to give a tangy taste to this frittata.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Frittata Recipe | Sweet corn Frittata Recipe
- Eggs - 3
- Onion - 1 sliced thinly
- Spring Onion - 2 sliced thinly lengthwise
- Bell pepper - ½ sliced thinly
- Carrot - 1 small sliced thinly
- Whole Corn Kernels - 1 cup drained
- Tomato Ketchup - 1 tblspn + extra for topping
- Garlic - 1 chopped finely
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Tortilla / Chapati - 1
- Mozarella Cheese - grated for topping
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic in it. Saute for few seconds.
- Add in onions, carrot, capsicum and spring onion.. Toss well
- Add in salt, pepper and ketchup and mix well.
- Now add in corn and toss well. Filling is done.
- Now crack open 3 eggs in a bowl. Add this filling in it and mix well.
- Now lets make the frittata. Heat a oven proof frying pan. Add a tsp of oil and spread evenly.
- Place a tortilla or chapati over it and pour the egg mixture over this and spread evenly.
- Let it cook on a slow flame till the sides get set.
- Now take it off the heat and sprinkle some cheese over it.
- Place it into the over and grill for 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven carefully and carefully slice the frittata to a serving plate.
- Garnish with cilantro and some more ketchup.
- Slice and serve.
Sweet cor frittata recipe step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Saute some garlic in oil|
|add in all the vegetables except corn|
|let it cook for a while|
|add salt and pepper|
|and some ketchup|
|add corn kernel in this|
|and mix well|
|Crack open 3 eggs in a bowl|
|add the prepared mixture in this|
|and mix well|
|heat oil in a oven proof pan|
|add tortilla or chapati in that|
|pour the egg mixture|
|and cook till the sides starts to set up|
|remove from fire|
|i grated some mozzarella cheese|
|sprinkle them over|
|and put them under grill mode|
|till they are nicely coloured and cooked|
|serve with a sprinkle of cilantro and ketchup|