Palkova made using traditional method and also an instant 5 minutes version. Rich milk sweet which taste so delicious and is addictive as well.
I love palkova, i have a traditional recipe of making that here in my blog. It can take hours and hours of baby sitting the kadai. Who can find that much time when they have a little baby to look after. So i kind of stay away from that sweet. But my craving for palkova cannot stop.
So i looked over the internet for quick palkova recipe and i came across a recipe made using condensed milk which is cooked in the microwave. This recipe is spreading like a virus all over the internet and so many blogs have blogged about it. The end result looked so mouthwatering. So i decided to give it a try.I tried this for my hubby's b'day. I thought to give him this sweet instead of cake. My goodness it was so amazing, he loved it so much.
Can you imagine that a yummy sweet can be made in less than 10 mins..How cool is that. Now you can whip this up in no time whenever your sweet craving struck. So try it and let me know how it turns out.
Microwave Dates & Figs Burfi
Vanilla and Chocolate Burfi
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Microwave Palkova Recipe
|You will need Condensed milk,Yogurt and Ghee|
Palkova (Traditional Method)
I love palkova. But I am a kind of staying away from that rich silky sweet because of calorie consciousness. Yesterday I made this yummy desert, because want to make palpoli out of it, which I will post soon..This is one of the recipe which takes lots of your time to make. The cool thing is you can do any work at that time, but make sure that you stir the pot often. You can do your laundry or wash vessels or anything in that time. So its not that bad. But the end result of this tiring work is so worth it, each spoonful taste so heavenly.
|Take milk in a heavy bottom pan|
Palkova | Palkova Recipe | Instant Palgova Recipe
Paal Khova (Traditional method)
- Whole Milk / Full Fat Milk – 2 liter
- Sugar – 200 gms or to taste
Paal Khova (Microwave Method)
- Condensed Milk - 1 can / 400 ml
- Plain Yogurt / Curd - 3 tblspn
- Ghee - 1 tsp
Palkova (traditional method)
- Take a huge heavy bottom pan and add milk to it. Bring this to a boil.
- Allow this to boil for around 20-30 mins on high heat. Stir this often to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- After it has reduced completely and become thick. Add sugar to it and mix well..
- Let it boil for 10 mins untill it gets thick..The colour will change to a light golden colour.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
Palkova (Microwave Method)
- Take a large microwave safe bowl. Pour in the condensed milk, yogurt and mix well. Put in the microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look runny at this stage.
- Now put it back in microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look a little curdled and thick at this point. Add ghee and mix well.
- Now put it back in microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look a lot curdled and the water will separate from the kova.
- Now put it back in microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look so curdle and thick at this stage. If your kova is so thick and no more water left. You can enjoy right away. But for me i found a little liquid left. So i put the container in microwave for a min.
- Now the kova will be thick. Mix it up and you could put in any mould to get the shape of it or just enjoy as it is.
- Use a huge pan so that the milk reduces fast.
- Always stir the milk, so that it don’t get stuck and get burned.
- Add sugar in the very end so that the kova gets the right consistency.
- Every microwave is different, so keep an eye on it and always mix it at regular interval.
- As the kova cools it will thicken a lot more, So adjust the timing accordingly.
- I added 1 tsp of ghee. The more ghee you add the more colour you will get in the paal kova. But i recommend 1 tsp of ghee, because this sweet is so rich as its own.
Thats looks awesome and so easy to make! thanks for sharing and I wish you a happy easter!
hi aarthi, honestly i have never seen this sweet before in my area..
they look very interesting to taste.
but i think i just admire your pics, because you said it takes a very long time to cook. ha ha. have a nice day
Nothing can beat the taste of palkova...looks yum
Delicious and yummy looking doodh peda.
This looks so yummy..and I LOVE the new header!
Love this dessert .. nothing can beat its taste 🙂
Event: Side Dishes
Lavanya T R
Mouth watering. Do invite me to ur place 🙂
Just need a spoon to finish it,tempting paal kova..
Wow this is beautiful. My friend had given me the recipe but I have not got round to making this.
You are tempting me to make it. Delicious.
I am making it first time on my own, really tasty! Logamatha, Thiruthangal.
So simple to make ..sounds interesting
Very quick and easy breezy thiratti paal,i do this way too.
Peda looks amazing. very innovative method using microwave oven. Pics are great.
Awesome! Going to try today Aarthi:-)
Can we make this awsome recipe on stove top or OTG.
Super easy recipe 🙂
Looks really nice!!! But how can i do without microwave?
Hai, aarti ,its looking yummy & very good.
I wanted one clarification that for how much digree you have set your micro wave it is high or low & mine is 800 deg is maximum.
Hey aarthi I troed this n infact it came out very well.. I enjoy trying out most of ur recipes... easy n convenient for people with busy lifestyle... keep publishing more... gr8 wrk Aarthi 🙂
@nagarathna keshavMine is 800 degrees.
@AnonymousI am not sure about that. Will share a version soon
@MadhuI am not sure about it, but give it a try
Sasi Rekha Reddy
thank you soo much for your recipe i tried it and it came out awesome... thank u for ur assistance
Sasi Rekha Reddy
thank u so much aarthi..for your recipe..i tried it and it came out awesome... 🙂
Just made this Aarti . Came out well, although had to micro a few mins more. Thanks fr the step by step pics, as always ! How r u doing ? Long time..
Can i add some dry fruits to it
@AnonymousIf you feel like adding you can..
There is another recipe like this but it needs sugar, butter, milk powder and ricotta cheese. It is also a microwave recipe. The pictures you posted looks just like how I make at home.
nice recipe.. no need to add sugar ah?
@geethNo need to add sugar, the sweetness from condensed milk is enough
Luks yummy..Can we make on stove???
@SASI REKHAI think you cannot.
Looks very tempting... Ur recipes are really interesting and the way u post with pictures help us to understand easily.. Great job Aarthi..
Awesome recipes Aarthi.. You are doing a great job..!! Can I add buttermilk instead of yogurt/curd..?? If yes, how much quantity should I add..??
@AnonymousCurd is recommended. haven't tried with buttermilk.
Aarthi...inniki seythen just yeppo...sema tasty...thank you
Hi aarthi thank u for sharing I have a doubt can we any other milk instead of condensed milk????
@Vaibavano condensed milk is the trick
I tried this recipe this morning. It came out perfect... Thanks for your post...
Can this khova be used to as an ingredient in all recipes that call for khova as we cant get khova in the shops here in UK.Also making it here is very difficult.
@Yasmeen Basheerno this is sweetened khoya, you can use this
Thanks for the detailed recipe n pictures ! I tried it today , it was a huge hit in our home 😀
i did same as you mentioned ...it came out perfect... but, im not able to get the shape/cut into pieces .
@Anonymousyou cannot cut into pieces. you can just put it in a bowl and unmould it..
I prepared in stove top... came perfectly as u got in microwave... Thames for d recipe
God...you made it soo easy... 🙂
Any alternate to condensed milk ? Cn I make condensed milk at him vd milk powder o something ?
@Anonymousno sub for condensed milk
Thanks so much Aarthi. My six year old and I made this recipe and we had a great time. It was very yummy.
I tried this recipe and it comes out really well.
Thanks a lot for sharing this.
You are the real in the world.
I tried almost 100 recipes from your blog. Nothing failed.
I am sure that Maha will become a well balanced eating kid.
Tried this and it came out really well. Thanks for the recipe Aarthi ☺
I tried this reciepe and came out really good. But it is bit sweeter than what i eat, can I add anything to reduce the sweetness?
Tried and came out very well.. Thank you so much for the recipe..
Awesome method Aarthi.. Tried it and it cane gud
Can v use the borosil bowl
if it is microwave safe you can use
Can this be made without microwave????
not sure about that
I tried your palkova recipe. It came out well. Adding a little coconut milk gives a store bought palkova consistency. Just, fyi.