Vanilla chocolate layer cake with step by step pictures. This moist cake which is made with vanilla and chocolate layered together.
This is the cake which i made for my hubby's birthday. I wanted to make a layer cake, instead of making normal vanilla or chocolate cake i decided to make a vanilla and chocolate layer cake. I decided to make a chocolate cake and two vanilla cake so it looks pretty when slicing it. Turned this cake into a fresh fruit cake and decorated it with fresh cream and fresh fruits.
About this Recipe
A layer cake is a cake that is made up of multiple layers of cake that are held together by frosting or another type of filling, such as jam or other preserves. The majority of cake recipes can be adapted to make layer cakes. Butter cakes and sponge cakes are popular options. The cake is usually covered in icing, but the sides are sometimes left unadorned so that the filling and number of layers can be seen. Chocolate complements a wide range of flavours. Vanilla is the most common flavour combination with chocolate. Aside from vanilla, chocolate complements almost any fruit flavour.
I am sharing the cake and decoration as separate post..Because if i share it in a single post then it will be quite a long post..Will be sharing the decorations tomorrow..Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Ingredients for Vanilla And Chocolate Layer Cake
Unsalted soft Butter :
Unsalted butter allows you to completely control the flavour of your recipe. This is especially important in baked goods that rely heavily on the pure, sweet cream flavour of butter (butter cookies or pound cakes). When it comes to cooking, unsalted butter allows the true, natural flavour of your foods to shine through.
Cocoa Powder :
Cocoa powder is primarily used as a flavouring agent in baked goods such as cookies, ice cream, dairy drinks, and cakes. Aside from flavouring, it is also used in the production of coatings for confectioners or frozen desserts. Cocoa powder is also used in the beverage industry, for example, to make chocolate milk.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Vanilla Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe
- Unsalted Soft Butter - 120 grams / around 1 stick
- Sugar - 1 ½ cup / 300 grams
- Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
- Eggs - 3
- Milk - 1 cup / 240 ml
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups / 240 grams
- Baking Powder - 1 tblspn
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Cocoa Powder - 3 tblspn
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease three 18 cm round cake pan with oil and sprinkle some flour over it. Coat it on sides and tap off the excess. Set aside.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt in a sifter and set aside.
- Now in a large mixing bowl, take butter, sugar and vanilla. Cream it well using a beater.
- Now add in eggs and beat till creamy..Dont worry if the mix looks curdled.
- Now add in half of the sifted flour mix, half of the milk and fold it gently. Now add in remaining flour and milk. Mix well.
- Now divide the batter into three portion and spoon the two of the batter into two prepared round pan. Now to the remaining one portion sift in the cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Spoon this into the remaining pan and smooth all the cake pans evenly.
- Pop it in oven and bake for 20 to 25 mins.
- Remove it and cool it.
- Now decorate it as you wish..
Vanilla Chocolate Layer Cake Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|
|Now you can decorate it..I cooled it wrapped it in
plastic wrap and put it in fridge so i can
decorate it the next day
|I used fresh fruits to decorate it..|
|Will be sharing step by step of this decoration tomorrow|