"Spicy and Crispy Vegetable Cutlets filled with lots of vegetables. This is coated in breadcrumbs and fried till crispy. Veg Cutlet makes a great snack for kids."
Everyone loves a crispy hot cutlet serve with a dollop of ketchup on the side. There is nothing more satisfying that a crispy cutlet for evening snack.
Ok I have two recipes today as I promised. I am gonna start the new summer special recipes with an Antioxidant salad check that out. Ok todays recipe is Vegetable Cutlet. Cutlet is everyone's favorite dish. Cutlet can be made with Chicken, Mutton or Even fish.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE CUTLET:
- Boil vegetables
- Boil and mash potatoes
- Saute onions with spices.
- Add in vegetables and potatoes
- Mix and mash well.
- Shape it into patties.
- Coat in egg and then in breadcrumbs
- Refrigerate for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Shallow fry in oil till golden on both sides.
- Drain and serve with ketchup.
But this vegetable cutlet is so simple but it takes a little bit of time to prepare everything. I everything is done you can easily make it. In fact you could make the cutlet as mentioned before and freeze it and you can use it whenever you want, It stays good up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
The main thing about this cutlet is you want the vegetables to be very finely chopped. Steam the vegetables first and squeeze of any extra water from it. This cutlet mixture should be dry so that you can get a perfect cutlet. So make vegetable cutlet this weekend and tell me how it came.
Check out my 5 Croquettes recipes too.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Easy Vegetable Cutlet
- Potato-3 boiled and mashed
- Onion-1 chopped finely
- Mixed Vegetables Carrot,Beans,Peas,Cabbage-2 cups chopped finely and boiled
- Red chilli powder-1 tblspn
- Coriander powder -1 tblspn
- Cumin powder -1 tsp
- Garam masala pdr-1 tsp
- Green chilli-2 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste-1tblpsn
- Coriander leaves-1 cup
- Bread crumbs-1 cup
- Oil-1 tblspn+for frying
- Salt-to taste
- Lemon juice-1 tblspn
- In a kadai add oil,Ginger garlic paste and green chilli and mix well.Now add in the onions and cook for 2 min.
- Add in all the spice powder and mix well.Season with salt and mix well.Now throw in the boiled vegetables and mix well.Cook for 2 min.Tip this into a bowl.
- Add in the mashed potatoes,coriander leaves and stir well.Squeeze a little bit of lemon juice and combine everything well.
- Form small pattice from this and arrange it in a plate and set it aside.
- In a shallow bowl beat eggs with little salt,and in another one plate spread the breadcrumbs and keep this aside.
- Now take a pattice and first dip this in beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs and keep this in a plate.
- Refrigerate this for 30 min,so that the breadcrumbs stick to the pattice.
- Heat oil for shallow frying in a pan.When it is hot place the pattice carefully in the oil and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Drain this in a paper towel and serve hot with Tomato Ketchup
2)For complete vegetarian option,Mix a little maida with some water to form a thin paste.and then dip the cutlets in this instead of eggs.
2)I chop all my vegetables very fine. I use carrots, cabbage, beans, peas and cauliflower. You can use broccoli as well. I pre cooked all the vegetables in microwave. you can cook them separately.
3)In a kadai add oil,Ginger garlic paste and green chilli and mix well.Now add in the onions and cook for 2 min.
4)Ad in spice powders
|More spice powders|
7)add the cooked veggies
9)Take mashed potatoes in a bowl
20)Add vegetable mix and coriander leaves
21)Add lemon juice if needed
23)Form small pattice from this and arrange it in a plate and set it aside.
24)In a shallow bowl beat eggs with little salt,and in another one plate spread the breadcrumbs and keep this aside.
Now take a pattice and first dip this in beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs and keep this in a plate.
25)Coat in breadcrumbs
26)Coat it well
27)Refrigerate this for 30 min,so that the breadcrumbs stick to the pattice.
28)Heat oil for shallow frying in a pan.When it is hot place the pattice carefully in the oil and fry till golden brown on both sides.
29)Flip over and cook
30)Drain this in a paper towel and serve hot with Tomato Ketchup