Mutton Cutlet Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Delicious snack made with mutton and potatoes which are fried till crisp.
Spiced minced meat cutlets with spices and potatoes. This is shaped into kebab and then fried till crispy texture. This makes perfect snack.
About Mutton Cutlet Recipe
Mutton cutlet is a popular appetizer or snack made with ground mutton (goat meat) that is mixed with various spices, vegetables, and herbs, shaped into patties, coated with breadcrumbs, and then fried until golden and crispy.
It is a delicious and flavorful dish that is commonly found in Indian, Middle Eastern, and South Asian cuisines. Crispy snack served with ketchup.
Video for Mutton Cutlet Recipe
Ingredients for Mutton Cutlet
Mutton | Lamb - Instead of mutton mince you can cook mutton and shred it.
Onions - adds a nice sweetness to the cutlet.
Potatoes - mashed potatoes acts as a binding agent.
Spice Powders - adjust the level of spices to infuse as much flavour.
Eggs - it is used in coating for the mutton cutlet so the breadcrumbs coat the cutlet.
Bread crumbs - panko breadcrumbs gives crisp coating.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Mutton Cutlet Recipe
- Minced Mutton - ½ kg
- Potato - 2 boiled and peeled
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Fennel seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Curry Leaves - a sprig
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tblsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Green peas - 1 cup
- Tomato Ketchup - 3 tblsp
- Egg - 2
- Breadcrumbs - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in fennel seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, curry leaves, green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute for a min.
- Add in minced mutton and stir fry for 5 mins breaking the meat.
- Cook covered for 10 mins.
- Now let the moisture evaporate and meat brown.
- Now add in salt, spice powders and mix well.
- Add in green peas and mix well. Add ketchup and mix well.
- Add in mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Remove it to a boil. Add ½ cup breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Take small portion of the filling and shape it into ball and flatten it.
- Now coat this in egg and then coat in breadcrumbs. You can even double coat this.
- Place this in fridge for 30 mins. You can even freeze this in container.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add cutlet and fry till golden.
- Serve with ketchup.
Mutton Cutlet Recipe Step by Step Pictures
1)Boil potatoes, peel the skin and mash it well.
2)Heat oil in a kadai. Add in fennel seeds
2)Add in onions, green chillies and curry leaves
3)Saute for 3 to 5 mins.
4)Add in ginger garlic paste
5)Stir fry for 2 mins.
6)Add in minced meat
7)Stir fry for 4 to 5 mins.
8)Add in salt and turmeric powder
10)Cover and cook for 8 to 10 mins on low heat.
11)Cook till meat is browned
12)Add in peas
13)Add in chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
14)Add in ketchup
15)Add in mashed potatoes
17)Remove to a bowl
18)Add in breadcrumbs
20)Take small portion and shape it into cutlets
21)Take breadcrumbs in a plate
23)Dip cutlet in egg mix
24)Coat in breadcrumbs
25)Coat well. You can do this once more to get thick coating.
26)You can pop this in fridge for 30 mins or so.
27)You can even freeze these. Place this in a container. line parchment paper between the cutlets. Freeze this and fry as needed.
28)Heat oil in a pan, place cutlets
29)Fry till crispy