Zaffrani Chicken Pulao Recipe – Saffron Chicken Pulav Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a delicious zaffrani chicken pulao which is super easy to make and taste amazing. It is great for any parties.
Pulao or biryani comes handy when coming to lunch box recipes. This recipe goes perfect with some raita, i served it with onion raita. You can enjoy with any raita of choice. You will need a handful of ingredients to make this pulao and it comes together in less than 40 mins.
- Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp + 2 tblps
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom - 10
- Cloves / Krambu - 5
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Star anise - 1
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 3 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 10
- Mint Leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
- Coriander Leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Saffron a pinch
- Warm Milk - 4 tblsp
- Rose Essence few drops
- Kewra essence few drops
- Ghee - 4 tblsp
- Cashews - 10
- Kishmish - 2 tblsp
- Soak basmati rice for 30 mins. Set aside.
- Mix chicken with yogurt, salt and ginger garlic paste. Set aside.
- Soak saffron in warm milk and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add spices.
- Add in onions and chillies and cook till golden brown.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add in chicken and stir fry for 8 to 10 mins.
- Add in mint and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add in rice and mix well.
- Add water, salt, garam masala powder and cook till most of the water is gone.
- Now add in saffron milk. Fry nuts and kishmish in ghee and pour that over rice. Add kewra and rose essence.
- Cover this and cook on low heat as possible for 5 mins.
- Turn off the heat and let it stand for 10 mins.
- Fluff up the rice and serve.
1)Take chicken in a bowl
2)Add in ginger garlic paste
3)Add in salt
4)Add in yogurt
6)Take warm milk in a bowl
7)Add in saffron
8)Mix well and leave to sit for 30 mins
9)Heat ghee in a pot
10)Add in whole spices
11)Add in onions and green chillies
12)Saute till golden
13)Cook till golden
14)Add in chicken
16)Add in coriander and mint leaves
18)Add in soaked rice
20)Add in water
21)Add in salt
22)Add in garam masala powder
24)Cover and cook
25)Cook till most of the water is gone
26)Now saffron is soaked
27)Add it in
28)Now it is spread
29)Cover and cook on lowest heat possible
30)Heat ghee in a pan
31)Add in cashews
32)Add in kishmish
33)Fry till golden
34)Pour some kewra extract and rose essence all over rice
35)Pour the fried nuts in
26)Now it is done
27)Cover and cook
29)Fluff the rice