This mysore pak keeps its soft texture(a little hard it got) after it cools too. Loved it to the core and i highly recommend you to try this out.
VIDEO RECIPE FOR MICROWAVE MYSOREPAK:
- Gram Flour / Besan / Kadalai Mavu - 1/2 cup
- Icing Sugar / Confectioners Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 2 tsp
- Grease a plate with ghee and set aside.
- Sieve gram flour, so there is no lumps present. Set aside till use.
- Now in a microwave safe bowl, take 1 tblspn of ghee and add in the sifted besan and mix well. Microwave it for a min and mix this well. Remove this mix to a plate.
- Now in the same bowl, take the remaining ghee and pop it in the microwave for 30 sec.
- Now remove the melted ghee from microwave and add in icing sugar, milk and gram flour. Give this a good mix.
- Now pop this in the microwave and cook for 1 min. Remove it and give a mix and put this again the microwave for 1 mins.
- Now the mix will be little foamy. If you find it not that foamy and airy, pop that in microwave for 30 more sec.
- Now the mix will be correct consistency. Pour the whole mix in a grease dish and smooth it slightly.
- Allow it to cool down for 10 mins. Slice and serve.
2)Icing sugar is what gives the corect consistency i think, but you can try using powdered regular sugar too.
3)My microwave has the highest power of 800 watts. I cooked it for a total of 2.30 mins. If your oven has high temp, cook it only for 2 mins.
4)Dont over cook it, if you do cook. It will turn brittle and ghee will separate from this.
5)Sieving gram flour is important, it will get rid of the lumps.
5)Remove the pan every 1 min and give it a good mix.
|Take all your ingredients|
|This recipe calls for a cup of ICING SUGAR|
|Grease a pan with ghee|
|take gram flour in a sifter|
|sieve and set aside|
|take a micrwave safe bowl|
|add a tblspn of ghee|
|add in the sifted gram flour|
|put this in microwave and cook for a min|
|remove this to a plate|
|in the same bowl|
|add in remaining ghee|
|pop that in microwave for 30 sec|
|now it is melted|
|add icing sugar|
|add in gram flour|
|and mix well|
|pop it in microwave and cook for 1 min|
|remove it out|
|give a mix|
|pop again and micro for a min|
|now it is looking a little foamy|
|this need another 30 secs or so|
|so i poped that in microwave and cooked it for 45 sec|
|now it is done|
|look at the foamy texture|
|Transfer it to the plate|
|Smooth it slightly|
|now let this cool|
|i let it cool for 10 mins|
|This just melts in your mouth|