Black Forest Gateau with Step by Step Pictures. Two version of the popular black forest cake recipe shared in this post. This black forest gateau is best ever. Black Forest Cake has a delicious cake with cherries and whipped cream and chocolate ganache.
This chocolate cake taste so moist and rich. The cake itself is super dense and chocolaty. If you are looking for a best chocolate cake recipe then your search ends here. This chocolate cake is everything you want in a chocolate cake.
About this Recipe
The Black Forest cake, also known as The Black Forest gateau, is a chocolate sponge cake with a rich cherry filling that is based on the German dessert Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte, which translates as Black Forest Cherry-torte.; The Black Forest cake is typically made up of several layers of chocolate sponge cake sandwiched with
whipped cream and cherries.
What is Black Forest Cake
Black Forest Cake is typically made up of several layers of chocolate sponge cake sandwiched with whipped cream and cherries. It's topped with whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and chocolate shavings. Sour cherries are used both between the layers and to decorate the top in some European traditions. Kirschwasser, a clear
spirit made from sour cherries, is traditionally added to the cake.
This chocolate cake is
4)Light and soft
6)Super dark and super chocolaty
The cake has a whipped cream frosting all over it. The cake has cherries in between cakes which makes it more tasty.
Why is it called the Black Forest cake?
The dessert does not take its name from the Black Forest mountain range in southwestern Germany. According to one school of thought, the name derives from the regions specialty liquor, Schwarzwälder Kirsch(wasser), which is distilled from tart cherries.
Ingredients for Best Black Forest Cake Recipe
All Purpose Flour / Maida :
Maida requires more oil or butter when baking or cooking because it is lighter and rises faster, which is why bakers prefer maida to atta. All-purpose flour can be used for a variety of tasks, including baking, cooking, coating meats and vegetables, and thickening sauces and gravies. To manufacture all-purpose flour, a blend of
hard wheat (which has more gluten) and soft wheat is crushed together.
Cocoa Powder :
Cocoa powder is primarily used as a flavouring agent in baked goods such as cookies, ice cream, dairy drinks, and cakes. Aside from flavouring, it is also used in the production of coatings for confectioners or frozen desserts. Cocoa powder is also used in the beverage industry, for example, to make chocolate milk.
Raw eggs have a fairly bland flavour, but those who are more sensitive to them may find them overpowering. Because egg yolks are mostly fats, they have a buttery flavour, are very creamy, and have a smooth mouthfeel.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Black Forest Gateau Recipe | Black Forest Cake Recipe | How to Make Black Forest Cake at Home
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ¾ cup 210 grams
- Sugar - 1 ¾ cup 350 grams
- Cocoa Powder - ¾ cup 90 grams
- Baking Soda - 2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup 240 ml
- Hot Water - ½ cup 120 ml
- Vegetable Oil - ½ cup 120 ml
- Cream - ¼ cup
- Chocolate - 150 grams
- Whipping Cream - 500 ml I used frozen non dairy whipped topping
- Icing Sugar - 2 tblsp use sugar if you are using normal cream
- Cherries - 1 can
(MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line three 8 inch round cake pan with parchment paper and grease well with oil.
- Make cake batter. Take sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in eggs, curd, oil, vanilla and use a electric beater to mix. Add hot water and mix well.
- Divide the batter between the cake pans and bake in oven for 20 to 25 mins. Remove and cool completely.
- Unmould and set aside.
- Drain the canned cherry and set aside the syrup.
- Melt cream and chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix till smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Whip some cream with sugar till thick and fluffy.
- Deseed cherries and set aside.
- Take a cake stand. Place cake in the cake stand. Brush top with syrup.
- Top with cherries. Top with cream and spread evenly.
- Top with another cake, brush top with syrup and cherries. Top with cream and spread.
- Place cake. Brush top with syrup. Top with cream and spread evenly all over cake. Smooth the cake.
- Fill cream in piping bag and pipe over cake.
- Spoon chocolate sauce on top.
- drizzle on sides too.
- Place cherries on top.
- Chill the cake for few hours.
- Slice and serve.
Version 1: Black Forest Cake Recipe
1)Take all ingredients
3)Add in flour
4)Add in cocoa powder
5)Add in salt
6)Add in baking powder
7)Add in baking soda
9)Add in eggs
10)Add in oil
12)Add in yogurt
13)Mix using a blender
14)Add in hot water
15)Add in vanilla
19)Line 3 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper and grease sides with oil
20)Pour batter in
21)Bake till done
22)Separate cherries from syrup
23)Make ganache. Take cream and chocolate in a bowl
24)Melt it in microwave for 30 seconds
25)Place a cake in a plate
26)Brush top with syrup
27)Top with cherries
28)Top with cream
30)Frost the whole cake
31)Pipe cream on top, drizzle chocolate sauce on the sides
32)Place cherries.. Chill the cake in fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
33)Slice and serve.
Version 2: Black Forest Cake Recipe
This is a two layered black forest cake recipe.
Hai Guys. This weekend got over so soon. I feel like it vanished in minutes. Took lots of rest and got refreshed to start another tiring week from tomorrow. I even had a quick homemade Chocolate facial now to get totally freshen up.
This is a special Black Forest cake which I baked for my sister Anusha’s Friend. Actually this is the first I cake I baked since I started my baking business. I have a post on black forest cake already,But this cake came out better than the previous one. So I am deleting my previous post. So hope you like it.
Preparation Time :1 Hour
Baking Time : 25 to 30 mins
Chilling Time : 4 hours or overnight
Makes : 10 slices
Ingredients for Black forest cake
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup / 120 grams
- Sugar - ¾ cup / 150 grams
- Unsalted Butter - 150 grams Soft
- Eggs - 3
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Cocoa Powder - ½ cup / 55 grams
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Whipped Cream as needed (RECIPE HERE)
- Cherries - 1 cup chopped + few whole for topping
- Syrup that comes with cherry as needed for soaking cake
- Chocolate Curls and Shaving as needed
How to Make Black Forest Cake
- Preheat oven to 170 Degree C.First prepare the cake tins by applying butter on the bottom and sides and dusting some flour on the tin and remove the excess. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Take butter in a bowl, add in sugar and vanilla. Use a beater to whip this till fluffy. Add in eggs and whip again till fluffy.Now add in the sifted dry ingredients and fold gently.
Tip this in the tins and place this in the oven.Bake for 25 mins.Check the cake by inserting a knife in it, if the knife comes out clean then the cake is ready.Remove the cake from the oven and let the cake cool for 15 min.
Now invert the cake from tine and set aside to cool down.
Now drain the cherries from tin and reserve the juice in which they are packed. Remove the seeds from the cherries and break them into small pieces.
Whip the icing ingredients together until peak stage is formed.(ie)if you take the beater out, it forms a peak without folding over.
Now Take a plate, place a cake over it, cover the sides with parchment paper. Now brush the cake with the juice generously.
Take this whipping cream and apply between each slice and add a generous layer of chopped cherries and cover the entire cake with icing..
Decorate the cake with cherries, chocolate sprinkles or chocolate shards.
Chill the cake for 3 to 4 hours or over night in the refrigerator. Slice and Enjoy.
|Take your cake ingredients|
|oil two cake pan and dust it with flour|
|take flour in a sifter|
|add in cocoa powder|
|and some baking powder|
|sieve well and set aside|
|take butter in a bowl|
|add in vanilla|
|whip till creamy|
|add in eggs|
|now it is fluffy|
|add in flour mix|
|give one good mix so everything is combined|
|divide the batter between two pans|
|invert them and let it cool down|
|Meanwhile shave some chocolates using a peeler|
|i also took some chocolate semia|
Whip up some cream..USE THIS RECIPE
|Take your cherries|
|open them up|
|remove the seeds from the and break them into pieces|
|use the juice to soak the cake|
|place the cake in a plate and cover with parchment paper|
|brush the cake with the juice|
|soak them well|
|spoon some cream over it|
|spread them evenly|
|place few cherries over it|
|cover with another cake, you have to soak this with syrup
as well, forgot to take pics
|spoon some cream over it|
|cover the entire cake|
|cover the sides as well|
|now the cake is completely frosted|
|remove the parchment off|
|take your chocolate semia|
|sprinkle all over the sides|
|take a piping bag|
|fill with whip cream|
|make little designs|
|top with chocolate shavings|
|and some white chocolate curls as well|
|sprinkle some chocolate semia over it|
|top with some cherries|
|chill for 3 to 4 hours|