Jamie Oliver’s Super Green Spaghetti Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Super green spaghetti or green pasta or spinach pasta is a delicious main dish which can be made in just under 10 mins or so.
This is my all time favorite chef Jamie Oliver’s Recipe. You need just spinach, garlic, olive oil and pasta to make this dish. I just love jamie, his recipes and cooking style is not only entertaining but they are fool proof too.
Garlic Butter Spaghetti
Stir Fry Spaghetti
Grilled Chicken Pasta
Spaghetti Aglio Olio
Chicken & Veggie Pasta
This is how to get super green pasta delicious.
1)You can use whole wheat pasta for more fullness.
2)Dont over cook spinach, just cook till it is super green.
3)Add extra virgin olive oil.
4)Just before serving crumble some ricotta on top.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Spaghetti - 150 grams
- Spinach - 1 bunch
- Garlic - 5 to 6 cloves
- Olive Oil - 4 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan Cheese - a handful
- Ricotta Cheese for serving optional
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt.
- Add pasta and cook.
- Add spinach to the pasta liquid along with garlic and cook for 1 to 2 min till the spinach gets bright green in colour.
- Now remove the spinach and garlic into a blender, add parmesan cheese, olive oil and blend till creamy and smooth.
- Now once pasta is cooked, drain it into a bowl.
- Add the green sauce to the hot pasta and toss well.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil.
2)You dont need to add any extra salt to the pasta water.
3)Add extra virgin olive oil for better taste.
4)You can top the pasta dish with some ricotta if you have that.
1)Bring Water in a pot
2)Add a good amount of salt
4)Cook till pasta is done
5)Add in spinach leaves
6)Add in garlic cloves
7)Cook till spinach turns bright green
9)Add it into the blender
10)Add in cooked garlic as well
11)Add in parmesan cheese
12)Add in extra virgin olive oil
11)Add a good glug of it in
12)Puree till smooth
15)Add to a bowl
16)Pour sauce in