Spinach Pasta Recipe with step by step pictures. Healthy green pasta made with fresh spinach, garlic, olive oil which makes it refreshing for summer.
Super green spaghetti or green pasta or spinach pasta is a delicious main dish which can be made in just under 10 mins or so.
About Spinach Pasta Recipe
This is my all time favorite chef Jamie Oliver's Recipe. You need just spinach, garlic, olive oil and pasta to make this dish. I just love jamie, his recipes and cooking style is not only entertaining but they are fool proof too.
If you are looking for light refreshing summer pasta recipes, then this is my go to pasta recipe. All you need is some fresh spinach and garlic and you can make this dish in less than 10 mins.
The time it takes to cook the pasta is all it takes for the sauce to be done. I like blanching spinach in the same water I am cooking my pasta.
Garlic Butter Spaghetti
Stir Fry Spaghetti
Grilled Chicken Pasta
Spaghetti Aglio Olio
Chicken & Veggie Pasta
Ingredients for Spinach pasta recipe
- Pasta of your choice
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
Video for Spinach Pasta Recipe
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Spinach Pasta Recipe | Super Green Spaghetti Recipe
- 150 grams Spaghetti
- 3 cups Spinach chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Ricotta Cheese for serving optional
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt.
- Add pasta and cook.
- Add spinach to the pasta liquid along with garlic and cook for 1 to 2 min till the spinach gets bright green in colour.
- Now remove the spinach and garlic into a blender, add parmesan cheese, olive oil and blend till creamy and smooth.
- Now once pasta is cooked, drain it into a bowl.
- Add the green sauce to the hot pasta and toss well.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Don't over cook the spinach. Cook till it gets bright green in colour.
- Add extra virgin olive oil for better taste.
- You can top the pasta dish with some ricotta if you have that.
- Blanching garlic in hot water melows the strong garlic taste and make it milder.
Spinach Pasta Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1)Bring Water in a pot
2)Add a good amount of salt
4)Cook till pasta is done
5)Add in spinach leaves
6)Add in garlic cloves
7)Cook till spinach turns bright green
9)Add it into the blender
10)Add in cooked garlic as well
11)Add in parmesan cheese
12)Add in extra virgin olive oil
11)Add a good glug of it in
12)Puree till smooth
15)Add to a bowl
16)Pour sauce in
Tips & Tricks
- You can use whole wheat pasta for more fullness.
- Don't over cook spinach, just cook till it is super green.
- Add extra virgin olive oil.
- Just before serving crumble some ricotta on top.