Jelly ice cream recipe with step by step pictures. Creamy vanilla ice cream made using eggs the authentic way.
This is my mums all time favorite ice cream..Whenever we go to any ice cream parlour, she used to order this all time. I like to go adventurous with my food and I will order ice cream’s which have weird and funny names. Ok Now back to ice cream. I think this is one of the yummiest homemade ice cream I have ever had.
The one thing you have to remember is while cooking the custard please cook in a slow flame or else the egg will get scrambled..If the egg looks like it is getting scrambling..don't panic..Just take it off the heat and immerse it in some ice cold water...Little bit scrambling won't do anything because you are going to whip it up right... So go ahead and make some homemade ice cream now. I want you all to try this.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Jelly Ice cream Recipe | Vanilla Ice cream with Eggs
- Whole milk- ½ litre
- Egg yolk-from 4 eggs
- Sugar-1 cup
- Vanilla-1 tblspn
- Instant Jelly crystals-1 packet
- In a mixing bowl add egg and sugar and mix well..
- Add milk with vanilla in a sauce pan and heat till it reaches a boil.
- Pour this over the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour this mixture back into the sauce pan and heat it gently till it gets thickened.
- Let this cool down to room temperature..
- Now pour this in a freezer container and set it freezer for 4 hours..
- Take it out of freezer and blend it in a blender for 2 mins..Pour this back into the container and set it in freezer for over night..
- Make the jelly as given in the package directions..Set this in fridge over night.
- Now take icecream out of the freezer and scoop it on a bowl.Top it with some jelly and DIG IN....
Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|
|Take your milk in a saucepan|
|add a dash of vanilla|
|heat it up..|
|Take 4 eggs yolks...|
|beat it with sugar|
|till it gets combined|
|Now pour the hot milk over the egg yolk|
|mix it up...|
|Put it back in the heat...|
|cook till it coats the the back of the wooden spoon...|
|Set this in freezer...|
|take it out of the freezer|
|Put it in the blender..|
|all nicely blended up...|
|Set this in freezer again...|
|all frozen and ready to eat...|
|Now in the mean time....Take your jelly crystals in a bowl...|
|Cook it as per you package directions|
|Pour it in your mould...|
|WOW...IT WAS HEAVENLY.......|