Onion Raita Recipe with step by step pictures . This is made with onion and Curd you can serve it for Briyani, Chapathi.
Raitas make a great cooling and refreshing side dish for any spicy biryani, pulao..You can literally make raita with pretty much all veggies likes onions, carrots, beetroot, cucumber, mint or anything. Raita is not at all difficult, it is just a combination of yogurt, fruits or veggies and few spices and fresh herbs..
This is a raita which i made with onions, i added some chilli powder and cumin powder in this, to make it tasty and flavourful.
Ingredients for Onion Raita
- Onions - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Thick Unsour Curd / Yogurt - 2 cups (Recipe here)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 3 tblspn finely chopped
How to make Onion Raita
Take onions, chillies, salt and sugar in a bowl. Mix well, you can use your hands to mix well. Leave this to sit for 15 mins.
Now whisk yogurt till smooth. Add onion mix in and add chilli and cumin powder. Add in coriander leaves and mix well.
Serve with biryani or anything you like.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Onion Raita Recipe - Onion Raita for Biryani - Pyaz Ka Raita Recipe
- 1 large chopped finely Onions
- 1 chopped finely Green Chillies
- 2 cups Recipe here Thick Unsour Curd / Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 3 tblspn finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Take onions, chillies, salt and sugar in a bowl. Mix well, you can use your hands to mix well. Leave this to sit for 15 mins.
- Now whisk yogurt till smooth. Add onion mix in and add chilli and cumin powder. Add in coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve with biryani or anything you like.
Onion Raita Recipe step by step pictures
|peel an onion and cut them in half|
|now take thick unsour yogurt in a bowl..Recipe here|