Thai Basil Chicken Recipe – Gai Pad Krapow Recipe with step wise pictures.
Thai basil chicken stir fry is a popular thai recipe which taste so delicious. Serve it with some steamed rice and fried egg and you have a yummy lunch.
This is quite a popular street food recipe in thailand. I wanted to try this for quite a long time, but i put it aside in my bucketlist because i couldn’t get fresh basil leaves in my place. Yesterday when we went shopping i saw few veggies on the rack, immediately i picked out quite a few of them. I saw this basil leaves at ridiculously cheap price, it was just 10 Rs. I picked 4 bunches of it.
Thai Sweet Chilli and Garlic Sauce
Thai Drunken Noodles
Oven Roasted Thai Sticky Chicken
Thai Red Curry Chicken Roast
Thai Red Curry Noodles
Thai Green Curry
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Boneless Chicken - 500 grams
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Garlic - 8 cloves
- Fresh Red Chilli or Dried Ones - 5 to 6
- Salt to taste
- Oyster Sauce - 2 to 3 tblsp
- Soy Sauce - 1 tblsp or to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Fresh Basil - 2 big handful
- Take garlic, chillies in a blender and puree coarse.
- Heat a wok on high heat. Add oil and let them smoke.
- Add garlic and chilli and saute till fragrant.
- Add in chicken and salt and mix well. Cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and mix well.
- Add in basil leaves and toss well till wilted.
- Serve hot.
1)Take garlic in a blender.
2)Add fresh red chillies. If you can find thai red chillies use that.
3)Crush them till coarse
4)Heat oil in a wok and let it get smoking hot.
5)Add the crushed garlic and chilli.
6)Stir fry for 1 min
7)Add in cubed chicken
9)Add salt to taste
10)Mix well and cook till chicken is done
11)Now the chicken is almost cooked.
12)Add in oyster sauce
13)Add a good amount of it in.
14)Add in soy sauce
15)Add in some sugar
17)I washed some fresh basil leaves
18)Add them in. Add a ton of it, it will shrink a lot. Basil adds a very good aroma and taste to this dish.
19)Turn off the heat and mix well so the basil wilts
20)Now it is done
21)Now lets make a fried egg, heat oil in a pan
22)Crack an egg in it
23)Cook covered till the bottom gets nice and crispy.
24)Cook the egg as per your liking
25)This is how you serve this dish, Spoon some rice in a bowl
26)Spoon some chicken
27)Place a fried egg on top
28)Crush some pepper on top