Curried Macaroni and Cheese Recipe with Step by Step pictures. Delicious mac and cheese made spicy and with an extra crunchy topping.
Who doesn’t love Mac and Cheese. I love it all time. There is something in that which makes me feel happy. I took over this plain simple dish and spiced it up. This takes the everyday mac and cheese to the next level. In our house we always fight for the top crusty part of this dish, it taste so good. For extra crispy texture I sprinkled some breadcrumbs over this. To accompany this dish I made parmesan crusted chicken and it was so good. So hope you all give this a try and tell me how it came out.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Curried Mac & Cheese Recipe | Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Macaroni-2 cups
- Flour-3 tblspn
- Butter-3 tblspn
- Milk-2 cups or as needed
- Cheese-1 cup
- Breadcrumbs-½ cup
- Onion-1 chopped finely
- Green chilli-1 optional
- Curry Powder-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Cook macaroni in lots of salted water as per package instructions. Drain it and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add onions along with chilli and saute this for few minutes.
- Add in curry powder and cook for 30 sec.
- Add in flour and cook for 2-3 mins. Slowly add in the milk and stir it so that it doesn’t form any lumps.
- Let this cook for few mins till the sauce thickens.
- Add in grated cheese and mix well.Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Mix in the macaroni and tip this into a baking pan.There should be a good amount of sauce for this.so that when you bake it the macaroni don’t get dry.
- Sprinkle cheese and breadcrumbs on top and bake it in the oven for 25-30 mins.
- Serve warm with vegetables or any side dishes.
Curried Mac and Cheese Step by Step
|Grab your ingredients|
|Cook macaroni as per package directions|
|saute onions in butter|
|add green chilli and curry powder.|
|throw in the flour..|
|mix well and cook well.|
|slowly add in milk and mix well.|
|cook it well|
|add cheese and mix well|
|season with salt and pepper....|
|throw in macaroni and mix well...|
|all mixed well...|
|Tip this in a baking tray...|
|sprinkle it with cheese and breadcrumbs|
|bake it till golden brown.|