“Instant Urad Dal Vada, Medu Vada made using urad dal flour. Made in a instant and can be served with chutney or sambar.”
Ulundu vada made using urad dal flour and rice flour mixed together to form a batter. Then the batter in dropped in hot oil and fried crispy and golden. What you will get is crispy, fluffy vadas or fritters.
Urad dal is one of the healthy and nutritious grain. Rich in protein, fat and carbohydrates, urad dal is fully loaded with many health benefits. Specially girl children should consume urad dal often. Atleast weekly three to four times.
This dal is one of the richest sources of proteins and Vitamin B. Urad dal is also good for women as it has iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium which makes it a healthy pulse. Urad dal is also rich in fiber which makes it easy to digest. Some types of dals are good for the heart as well. For example, urad dal benefits the health as it is good for the heart. Consuming urad dal helps to reduce cholesterol and improves cardiovascular health.
Click for medu vada recipe
Click for Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes
- Improves Digestion. Urad dal is rich in fibre, both soluble and insoluble, which is known improve our digestion.
- Protects Heart.
- Boosts Energy.
- Improves Bone Health.
- Strengthens Nervous System.
- Helps Manage Diabetes.
- Good For Skin And Hair.
I had few packets of urad dal flour lying in the pantry so i took the easy way of using that.
If you are using whole urad dal, then follow these steps.
- Wash and dry the urad dal in a cloth or under sun.
- Add urad dal to a dry kadai. Dry roast on medium heat for 10 to 15 mins
- Urad dal will turn light golden.
- Cool it down.
- Take it in a blender and powder till fine.
- Urad dal flour is made.
TRENDING VIDEO of INSTANT ULUNDU VADA
You will love all these vada recipes,
You can check this 13 vada archives too.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Urad Dal Flour / Ulundu Maavu - 1 cup
- Rice Flour - 2 tblsp
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Ginger - 1 tsp grated
- Salt to taste
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda a pinch
- Water as needed
- Oil as needed for deep frying
- Mix all ingredients together to a smooth batter. Except oil.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip your hands in water. Take some batter and make a hole in the center.
- Drop in hot oil and fry till golden.
- Drain and serve,
2)You can add any vegetables like grated carrots, cabbage in this batter.
3)Make the batter little thicker than idli batter but not too thin.
4)Adding rice flour makes it crispier.
1)Take urad dal flour in a bowl
2)Add in rice flour
3)Add in little water and make into a thick batter
4)Add salt to taste
5)Add chopped onions, curry leaves and green chillies
7)Add a pinch of baking soda
9)heat oil in a pan
10)Dip your fingers in water
11)Take some batter
12)Make a hole in the center
13)Drop in oil
14)Fry till golden and crispy