Red Rice Puttu Recipe – Sigappu Arisi Puttu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy red rice puttu which not only taste amazing but is highly nutritious as well. You can serve with kadala curry, banana, green gram and sugar.
Puttu is one of the famous keralan dish. They usually have puttu with fish curry or kadala curry. I have posted ragi puttu, wheat puttu, tapioca puttu. This one i made with sooji. It is so easy to make and taste so healthy and delicious.Great for kids. You can mix banana, sugar and little ghee and enjoy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Red Rice Flour - 2 cups
- Freshly Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Warm Water - 1 cup
- Mix salt with warm water.
- Take flour in a bowl. Add warm water little by little and mix well. The mixture should be wet and crumbly.
- Take puttu maker. Place coconut in the base and top with rice flour mix and top with more coconut and rice flour.
- Place in steamer and cook for 10 mins.
- Unmould and serve.
1)Take warm water in a jug. Add salt to it
2)Mix well and set aside.
3)I used this red rice puttu mix
4)My little helper
5)You can use normal white rice flour too
6)Add the warm water
8)The mix should be crumbly
10)Take your puttu maker
11)Put coconut in the base
12)Add rice flour in it
13)Fill till half
14)Top with some coconut
15)Top with more rice flour mix
16)Top with coconut
15)Cover it and steam for 10 mins
18)Taste great with kadala curry or banana and sugar.