“Roasted garlic and tomato chutney which is made by roasting tomatoes and garlic in oven till it gets nice and charred. The chutney has a beautiful smoky flavour to it which is just perfect to serve with tiffin.”
Roasted garlic tomato chutney is a delicious chutney which is made using tomatoes, garlic which are roasted till it is charred and blackened. This adds so much flavour to the chutney and it taste amazing.
This smoky tomato chutney is a perfect company with any tiffin recipes. Loved the chutney so much with some crispy dosa.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED GARLIC & TOMATO CHUTNEY
The Ingredients: you will need tomatoes, garlic, dry red chillies, salt, tamarind and oil.
Roasting: roast all the ingredients in oven till nice and charred.
Mashing: mash all the ingredients together till pulpy and chunky.
Serve: serve the chutney with idli, dosa or upma.
You can serve Roasted garlic & tomato chutney with all these tiffin recipes
Similar Chutney Recipes,
- Green Capsicum Chutney
- Red Capsicum Chutney
- Onion Chutney
- Beetroot Chutney
- Chilli Garlic Chutney
- Onion Tomato Chutney
- Many More..
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- 4 Large Tomatoes
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 6 Dry Red Chillies
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- to taste Salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degree c grill mode.
- Take a cast iron pan, halve the tomatoes and place the tomatoes cut side down in the pan.
- Add garlic cloves and oil. transfer the pan into the oven and broil for 10 to 12 mins until the tomatoes blacken.
- Now take it out of the oven, add the dry red chillies and pop it back into the oven and cook for 1 more min.
- Now remove it oven and cool completely.
- Now crush the chillies and mash it roughly using a potato masher.
- Add in salt and tamarind and mix well.
HOW TO COOK ON STOVE TOP
- Take the tomatoes and you can grill it in a cast iron grill pan or any pan till the tomatoes blacken.
- You can roast the tomatoes directly on gas flame till it is charred.
TIPS & TRICKS
- You can more garlic if you really enjoy the flavour of garlic.
- Add more dry red chillies if you love really spicy chutney.
- You can add one onion sliced along with tomatoes if you want.
- You can grind the chutney if you want it smooth.
- You can keep it smooth or chunky as per your preference.
STORAGE SUGGESTIONSThis chutney can be stored in fridge for upto a week.
SERVINGS SUGGESTIONSYou can serve it with any tiffin recipe.
1)Take tomatoes. Halve them, place it cut side down in a cast iron pan
2)Add in few garlic cloves
3)Drizzle in some oil
4)Pop the pan under the grill and broil it for 10 to 12 mins.
5)Now it is charred to the right point. You need some some black spots.
16)Now add in some dry red chillies and pop it back under the broil for just few seconds, the chillies will blacken in no time at all.
17)Now remove the pan from the oven and set aside to cool a bit.
18)Crush the dry red chillies a little. Use a masher to mash the tomatoes further.
19)It will mash pretty easily.
19)Mash the garlic too.
20)Add in salt to taste.
21)Add in little tamarind juice and mix well.