Chicken Kuzhambu Recipe – Easy Chicken Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy and flavourful chicken curry or kuzhambu recipe which is perfect to enjoy with some hot rice or some rotis. It can be had with appam, idiappam and parota too.
This kuzhambu is a basic recipe which can be enjoyed with many of your main dishes. I make this often for lunch and it taste so delicious with plain rice.
Andhra Chicken Curry
Easy Chicken Curry
Traditional Chicken Curry
No Coconut Chicken Curry
Roasted Chicken Curry
Chettinad Chicken Curry
Aloo Chicken Curry
Andhra Butter Chicken Curry
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Chicken - 500 grams with bones in
- Coconut Oil - 4 tblsp
- Fennel seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 5 crushed
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 12 peeled whole
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 1.5 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Coriander leaves a small handful chopped finely
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Fried Gram Dal / Pottu Kadalai - 1 tblsp
- Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 2 tsp
- Grind the ingredients given together to a very fine paste. Set aside.
- Take oil in a pressure cooker, add in whole spices and curry leaves.
- Add in onions and shallots and cook for 5 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it is soften.
- Add in spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add chicken and toss well.
- Add little water, cover the cooker with a lid and pressure cook for 2 whistle, simmer the flame for 10 mins.Open the cooker once pressure is released.
- Add more water and the coconut masala.
- Simmer till oil floats on top.
- Add coriander leaves.
1)First grind the masala. Take coconut, roasted gram dal (pottu kadalai), black pepper, fennel seeds in a blender
2)Puree fine, Set that aside.
3)In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Add in cardamom, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and bay leaf
4)Add in curry leaves
5)Add in chopped onions and shallots
6)Saute for 5 min.
7)Add ginger garlic paste
8)Saute them for couple of mins.
9)Add in chopped tomatoes
10)Cook till tomatoes soften
11)Add in coriander powder,garam masala powder and chilli powder
12)Add turmeric powder as well.
14)Add chicken pieces
15)Mix well in the masala
16)Add in salt to taste
17)Add little water
18)Cover and cook till chicken is done. Cook for 2 whistle, then lower the flame and cook for 10 mins. Turn off the heat.
19)Open the cooker, add coconut masala
21)Simmer for 10 mins till oil separates