Drumstick Soup Recipe – Murungakkai Soup Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy and nutritious drumstick soup which taste so delicious. It is rich in iron and is full of health benefits. This soup taste amazing with some toasted bread.
Drumstick are rich in iron. It is very healthy to consume this soup atleast once a week. This is great for kids and adults.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Drumstick - 1 cut into long pieces, sliced in half
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Shallots / Onion - ¼ cup chopped finely
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp finely chopped
- Take drumstick in a sauce pan, cover with water. Cook till drumstick is done.
- Cool it down, strain it.
- Remove the flesh from the drumsticks.
- Reserve the stock and flesh.
- Heat ghee in a pot. Add onions and garlic and saute for a min.
- Add drumstick flesh and mix well.
- Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take stock and puree in a sauce pan.
- Add cumin powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring it to a boil. Remove the scum off.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Take drumsticks and cut into large pieces
2)Cut in half
3)Take it in a pot
4)Cover with wate
5)Bring it to a boil.
6)Cook till drumstick is done.
7)Cool it down, strain this.
8)Remove the flesh from it.
9)Discard the skin
10)Reserve the stock and flesh
11)Heat ghee in a pot, add chopped shallots
12)Add garlic cloves
13)Add in drumstick flesh
14)Saute them well
15)Take this in a blender
16)Puree till smooth.
17)Take stock in the pot
18)Add flesh in
20)Add cumin powder
22)Add in pepper powder
24)Bring it to a boil
25)Remove the scum
26)Discard the scum.
27)Now it is done.
28)Add coriander leaves