Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Hope you all had a good weekend.Summer has arrived many of you have asked me to post some summer recipes like salads and juices,so i thought of showing you some of those dishes that cools you this summer.From tomorrow onwards along with my usual post i will post a salad or juice recipe..so keep checking out.Coming back to todays recipe,ie,UPMA...most of us just hate upma,it is one of the underestimated food.But upma is the most versatile and easiest dish in the world.But some times it gets too dry.So I use a little bit of curd in my upma…So that it keeps everthing so moist and each bite just melts in your mouth.This recipe is a basic method of cooking upma.but there is a another version where you will add lots of vegetables and some other stuff,i will make that and post later.I served this dish with Spicy coconut chutney(will put recipe soon).
Basic Rava Upma Recipe - Sooji Upma Recipe
- Rava / Sooji -1 cup
- Onion-1 chopped finely
- Green chilli-2 chopped
- Curry leaves-5
- Asafoetida kayam- ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds kaduku-1 tsp
- Urad dal ulunda parupu-1 tsp
- Ghee-2 tblspn
- Ginger - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves or spring onion for garnishing
- Water - 2 cups
- In a kadai add ghee and crackle some mustard seeds,Urad dal,Asafoetida for 1min.
- Add in onions,green chilli,curry leaves and cook for 1min.
- Add in the boiled water, and mix well,let it come to a good boil.Season with some salt.
- Slowly add in the rawa and mix well.Cover it and Simmer it for 15 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve it with Spicy coconut chutney.