Black Forest Gateau with Step by Step Pictures.
This chocolate cake taste so moist and rich. The cake itself is super dense and chocolaty. If you are looking for a best chocolate cake recipe then your search ends here. This chocolate cake is everything you want in a chocolate cake.
This chocolate cake is
4)Light and soft
6)Super dark and super chocolaty
The cake has a whipped cream frosting all over it. The cake has cherries inbetween cakes which makes it more tasty.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 3/4 cup 210 grams
- Sugar - 1 3/4 cup 350 grams
- Cocoa Powder - 3/4 cup 90 grams
- Baking Soda - 2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup 240 ml
- Hot Water - 1/2 cup 120 ml
- Vegetable Oil - 1/2 cup 120 ml
- Cream - 1/4 cup
- Chocolate - 150 grams
- Whipping Cream - 500 ml I used frozen non dairy whipped topping
- Icing Sugar - 2 tblsp use sugar if you are using normal cream
- Cherries - 1 can
(MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line three 8 inch round cake pan with parchment paper and grease well with oil.
- Make cake batter. Take sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in eggs, curd, oil, vanilla and use a electric beater to mix. Add hot water and mix well.
- Divide the batter between the cake pans and bake in oven for 20 to 25 mins. Remove and cool completely.
- Unmould and set aside.
- Drain the canned cherry and set aside the syrup.
- Melt cream and chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix till smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Whip some cream with sugar till thick and fluffy.
- Deseed cherries and set aside.
- Take a cake stand. Place cake in the cake stand. Brush top with syrup.
- Top with cherries. Top with cream and spread evenly.
- Top with another cake, brush top with syrup and cherries. Top with cream and spread.
- Place cake. Brush top with syrup. Top with cream and spread evenly all over cake. Smooth the cake.
- Fill cream in piping bag and pipe over cake.
- Spoon chocolate sauce on top.
- drizzle on sides too.
- Place cherries on top.
- Chill the cake for few hours.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take all ingredients
3)Add in flour
4)Add in cocoa powder
5)Add in salt
6)Add in baking powder
7)Add in baking soda
9)Add in eggs
10)Add in oil
12)Add in yogurt
13)Mix using a blender
14)Add in hot water
15)Add in vanilla
19)Line 3 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper and grease sides with oil
20)Pour batter in
21)Bake till done
22)Separate cherries from syrup
23)Make ganache. Take cream and chocolate in a bowl
24)Melt it in microwave for 30 seconds
25)Place a cake in a plate
26)Brush top with syrup
27)Top with cherries
28)Top with cream
30)Frost the whole cake
31)Pipe cream on top, drizzle chocolate sauce on the sides
32)Place cherries.. Chill the cake in fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
33)Slice and serve.