Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe (Without Oven) – Steamed Caramel Bread Pudding with Step wise pictures.
Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe. Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy. It is one of the best desert you can make with bread.
I have been eyeing on this recipe for a long time. And some of my viewers have been asking for bread caramel custard recipe. So finally i decided to give it a try and it was a total success. My little daughter loved it so much and finished this entire portion all by herself.
This is great for summer time, since kids love pudding. This pudding is made using bread and eggs which gives perfect silky pudding like texture.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Bread Slices - 2 big slices around 1 cup cubed
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1/4 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 cup for caramel
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Take bread, milk, sugar, condensed milk, eggs and vanilla in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take a baking pan, grease with some ghee. Sprinkle some sugar over it and place it over heat. Cook till your get nice caramel colour. Dont burn the sugar.
- Now cool the tin for few mins.
- Pour the prepared custard on top.
- Cover the pan with foil or plastic wrap and place it in a steamer and cook for 40 to 45 mins.
- Remove it and insert a knife to check whether the cake is done or not.
- Now pop the pan in fridge and let it chill for 2 hours.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take some bread slices and cut it into cubes. I used 2 slices of bread. Got around 1 large cup of bread cubes.
2)Take it in a blender
3)In the same cup, measure 1 cup of milk.
4)Add in 2 eggs
5)Add in vanilla essence
6)Add in sugar
7)Add in sweetened condensed milk
8)Time to blend
9)Now it is blended
10)Take a baking pan
11)Take some ghee in a pan
12)Spread it all over the pan
13)Sprinkle sugar over it
14)Place it on flame, heat gently till the sugar is caramelized
15)pour the batter in
16)Cover it with foil or plastic wrap
17)Place it in a steamer. and steam cook for 40 to 45 mins
18)Insert a knife in to check. if it comes out clean then it is done. Place this in fridge for an hour before inverting.
19)Invert it in a plate and chill for few hours.