How to Cook Chickpeas in Instant Pot using Delay Start
Cooking chickpeas without soaking. This is the easy way to cook chana in instant pot. All you have to do is put everything the night before and the next day it will be cooked.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Dry Chana / Chickpeas - 2 cups
- Water - 6 cups
- Wash chickpeas in a bowl and rinse it two to three times. Drain the water.
- Take it in instant pot bowl. cover with water.
- Put it in instant pot.
- Select pressure cook mode, high pressure for 25 mins. Then select delay start and choose the time when it has to start cooking,
- In my case i did all this at 11 in the night. So i selected 7 hours delay so it will be ready in the morning.
- Make sure the position is in sealing.
- Now leave it on its own.
- When i came in the morning the chickpeas is beautifully cooked.
1)Take chickpeas in instant pot bowl
2)Wash it two to three times.
3)Rub it well and drain the water
4)Now the chickpeas is washed well
5)Cover with clean water
6)Place it into the instant pot.
7)Set to pressure cook mode for 25 mins
8)Now set delay start and set how much hours later this has to start cooking.
9)I set it to to 7 hours delay. Since i was doing this whole thing at night. So i want my chickpeas to be cooked by the morning. So all the soaking and cooking is done in the instant pot.
10)Cover and let it go.
11)Make sure the instant pot is in sealing position
11)This is in the morning. The chickpeas are beautifully cooked
13)Use this in curries.