Soft and fluffy wheat cake made using whole wheat flour, tutti frutti which makes spongy cake. This atta cake is too good.
Finally i made the cake which many of my viewers requested. It is a healthy whole wheat, butterless, eggless cake which is so easy to put together.
About the recipe
Wheat flour is much healthier than all-purpose flour, so it makes this cake a healthier option. Wheat flour can be substituted for refined flour in any biscuit, cookie, or cake recipe. The only difference will bein the texture, which will be denser than products made solely from refined flour. Whole wheat flour is made by milling the entire wheat
grain rather than just the endosperm, as is the case with most flours. This flour has a higher gluten content, averaging around 14%. The colour of flour is affected by a variety of factors, including wheat variety, ageing, milling practises, and bleaching and maturing agents, resulting in a spectrum of colours ranging from brownish grey to creamy yellow to the whitest white.
The cake is so simple to make and it doesn't need condensed milk or anything like this. It is made using basic ingredients which you might already have on hand. I added some tutti frutti in this cake but you can add chocolate chips, nuts or anything as you like.
What is difference between all-purpose flour and wheat flour?
Whole wheat flours are higher in protein than all-purpose flours because they contain the bran and germ. Despite its high protein content, the presence of bran and germ makes whole wheat flour more difficult to produce as much gluten development and elasticity as all purpose flour or bread flour.
Ingredients for Easy Atta Cake
When paired with all-purpose flour, cornstarch helps prevent gluten development, which makes the flour coating crispier, and absorb moisture (from the frying and the chicken), which also means a crispier coating.
Tutti fruity :
Tutti frutti is a brightly coloured confectionery made up of various chopped and usually candied fruits, or an artificial or natural flavouring that simulates the combined flavour of many different fruits
Baking soda is a leavening agent that is commonly used in baked goods such as cakes, muffins, and cookies. It is a white crystalline powder that is naturally alkaline, or basic. It is also known as sodium bicarbonate. When baking soda is combined with both an acidic and a liquid, it becomes activated.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Eggless Wheat Cake Recipe | Atta Cake Recipe
- Wheat Flour / Atta - 1 ¼ cup / 150 gram
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - ¼ cup / 30 grams
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup powdered / 200 grams
- Milk - 1 cup / 240 ml
- Oil - ½ cup / 120 ml
- Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
- Tutti Fruity - ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a 18 cm square cake pan with parchment paper and grease it with oil. Set aside
- Take tutti fruity in a bowl and add a tblspn of wheat flour and toss it well in the flour and set aside.
- Take wheat flour, cornflour, salt, baking soda in a sieve and sift it well. Take this in a bowl.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix well. Make a well in the center and add in milk, oil, vanilla and mix well.
- Now add in tutti fruity and mix well.
- Pour this into the pan and bake for 50 to 60 mins till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove it from oven and cool it for 15 mins.
- Unmould it and peel off the parchment paper. Cool it down and cut into pieces.
Wheat Cake with Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|