My Mum’s Mysore pak Recipe – Ghee Mysore pak Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious melt in mouth mysorepak. Taste absolutely divine. This is great for this diwali and taste amazing.
I have already shared a mysorepak recipe on my blog. This one is my mom’s version. In this recipe you will be needing less ghee that the one i shared earlier.
Most of us think mysore pak can be little tricky to make but not at all. It is one of the easiest sweet you can make. The texture of the mysorepak vary each time with the measurements of the ingredient which you use and how long you are cooking them.
This mysore pak is so soft and has a perfect texture. It is not the melt in mouth texture which you get in sri krishna sweets. But it taste absolutely delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Gram Flour / Besan / Kadalai Mavu - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1.5 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Grease a mould with ghee and set aside
- Take ghee in a pan on one stove and keep that simmering because you need hot ghee always.
- Dry roast gram flour for 2 mins. Remove to a bowl.
- Heat sugar in a nonstick pan, add water and heat till it melts.
- Now cook till it reaches 1 string consistency.
- Now lower the flame and add in besan and mix well.
- Once it thickens, start adding ladleful of hot ghee into the besan and keep mixing.
- Once the first ladleful of ghee is absorbed add next ladle.
- Keep cooking till the mysorepak is frothy.
- Pour it in the greased pan and smooth the top.
- Cut into pieces.Cool it for 10 mins and then invert it to a plate.
1)Start by greasing the plate which you are going to set your mysorepak well with ghee. set that aside.
2)In one of your stove,take some ghee in a pan and heat it, because you need to add hot ghee when making mysorepak.
3)In a dry nonstick pan, add in besan / gram flour
4)Roast it on low flame till raw smell leaves.
7)Remove to a plate and set aside.
8)Take sugar in the same pan
9)Add little water
10)Heat till sugar melts
11)Cook till 1 string consistency
12)Add gram flour and keep mixing
13)Cook till it thickens
14)Now take a small ladleful of ghee and pour it over the mysorepak.
15)Add it in
16)Keep mixing. Once the ghee is absorbed into the mysorepak
17)Pour another ladleful of ghee
18)Now mix it again till combined.
19)Now pour another ladleful of ghee
2o)Mix well. Now you can see it is getting frothy.
21)This is the stage
22)Pour it in the pan and smooth the top, cut into pieces and cool it for 10 mins
23)Now invert it carefully