Paal Kozhukattai (using Jaggery) with Step wise pictures.
One of my viewer requested this recipe so many months back . I was checking out my to do recipes and found this sitting in the top list. So decided to try it out. I love this a lot, one of my collegues will bring this to office often, her mom makes the most delicious melt in mouth paal kolukattai in the world. I asked her the recipe and have made this quite often, but forgot to take pictures of it.
I have already made white paal kozhukattai, but this one is my favourite. I made this for ganesh chaturthi. Although it is not traditionally made on that day, but i would love to make it because it is a family favourite.
I have another one very unique kolukattai recipe to be posted.So stay tuned..
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Rice flour - 1 cup + 3 tblsp
- Water - 1 1/4 cup + 2.5 cups
- Salt to taste
- Coconut - 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Oil / Ghee - 2 tsp
- Take 1 1/4 cup water in a sauce pan. Add salt, oil and mix well. Add rice flour and mix well to a smooth dough. Add coconut and knead well. Take small portion and roll it into a smooth ball. Set aside.
- Take 3 tblsp rice flour in a bowl and mix well with some water to a paste.
- Take 2.5 cups of water in a pan and bring it to a boil. Now Add in the kozhukattai and cook for 10 mins.
- Add in jaggery and coconut and mix well. Cook everthing for 10 more mins.
- Add in rice flour mix and cook till thickens. Now take off the heat and add in cardamom and thick coconut milk.
1)Take water in a pan. let it come to a rolling boil
2)Boil water in a pot
3)Add in salt
5)Add in rice flour. This is store bought rice flour.
7)it has absorbed all the water
8)cover it and let it cool
9)now take the dough in a bowl
10)add in coconut
11)make it into a soft dough
12)take small portion
13)roll it into a ball
15)Lets make the rice flour paste. mix rice flour with water to form a thin liquid
17)Now bring water to a boil
18)Add the rolled kozhukattai into the water
19)Let it cook
20)It will start floating on top
21)Keep cooking for 5 mins.
22)Now it is done.
23)Add in cane sugar or jaggery water. If you have pure jaggery add it straight to the pan. If not, dissolve it in water and strain it. Then add the strained liquid.
26)Cook on high flame for 5 mins
27)Add rice flour paste
28)Cook till thickens. Around 10 mins. Now take it off the heat.
29)Add in coconut milk.
30)Add in cardamom powder