Healthy and nutritious dosa made using ragi, jowar make soft and delicious dosa. This taste amazing with chutney or sambar.
About this recipe
Ragi originated in East Africa and made its way to India around 2,000 years ago. Ragi mudde (Finger millet cakes) and chicken tamarind gotsu is one of the best heritage dishes that has been passed down from generation to generation, and the best version is made in a tiny village in interior Karnataka. It is grown in these states because the red, light black, and sandy loams of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, as
well as the well-drained alluvial loams of Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, and Gujarat, are ideal for ragi cultivation. Furthermore, the climatic conditions are favourable for the cultivation of this crop.
A dosa is a thin (usually crispy) South Indian flat bread made from a fermented batter primarily composed of lentils and rice. Rice and black gram are the main ingredients, which are ground together in a fine, smooth batter with a dash of salt and fermented.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
Ingredients for Ragi Cholam Dosa Recipe :
Whole Ragi / Finger Millet :
Ragi, also known as finger millet, is a nutritious cereal crop. However, despite being aware of its nutritional benefits, some people are unable to consume it on a regular basis due to its bitter taste.
Jowar / Cholam / Sorghum :
Jowar flour is typically used to make chapatis or rotis that are served with vegetables. It is popular among gluten-free people and is frequently prepared as porridge to be eaten alongside other foods. The grain has a fairly neutral flavour that can be slightly sweet at times.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Ragi Cholam Dosa Recipe
- Whole Ragi / Finger Millet - 1 cup
- Jowar / Cholam / Sorghum - 1 cup
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - ½ cup
- Fenugreek Seeds / Vendayam / Methi - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak all the grains together in a bowl overnight. You have to soak it atleast 12 hours.
- Now drain it and take it in a blender. Puree till smooth. Add little water as needed.
- Now take this in a container and leave to ferment or 6 hours.
- Now add in salt and mix well.
- Add more water as needed. The batter should be in dosa batter consistency.
- Now make dosa and serve with chutney.
Ragi Cholam Dosa Step by Step
|Soak ragi, jowar, fenugreek and urad dal|