Last Updated on October 23, 2021
"Semiya Payasam Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Delicious Vermicelli Kheer made easy way. Perfect payasam to serve for any special occasions."
Happy Saraswathi Pooja friends.
My mum made 9 type of dishes for this pooja. And to celebrate saraswathi pooja I am posting a recipe which is made for all festivals and functions in our house. Then we go to any wedding over here. The food will be mostly vegetarian, They will serve all those delicious dishes in a big banana leaf.
Check out my 9 Must Try Easy Onam Pradhaman Recipes
Also Check out
Starting from a sweet they will serve all curries including poriyal,avial,pachadi,kichadi and many more. Then they will mount the leaf with hot steaming rice. After this they will serve you 5 or so gravies to go with the rice.
They will serve this one by one. Starting from Dal, Sambar, Mor Kulambu, Rasam and Curd. Actually we should wait after finishing each gravies because they serve all these foods in an particular order.
So if you finish your sambar rice, you should wait for the mor kulambu atleast for 5 mins.
They also give you a ripe banana, puran boli or boondi and papadam. You should eat all these things along with the payasam,This one is my favorite...I will eat everything in this. That much I love this combo. I know you too will love this payasam, so with no more delay off you go to the step by step recipe.
Semiya Payasam Recipe
- 100 grams Vermicelli
- 1 liter Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 4 tbsp Cashews
- 4 tbsp Sultanas
- tbsp Almonds
- 4 pods Cardamom
- 4 Cloves
- Heat ghee in a pan and add in cashews and raisins and fry till golden..Remove this and set aside.
- In the remaining ghee add in semiya and roast till nice aroma comes..It will take about 3 mins.
- Now add in 2 cups of water and bring that to boil.
- Cook till the semiya is half cooked..It will take 5-7 mins.
- Now pour in the milk and cook the semiya till completely cooked..This will take around 10 mins.
- Now add in crushed cardamom and cloves in this.
- Now add in sugar and condensed milk and mix well. Simmer this for 3 mins..
- Add in fried cashews, almonds and sultanas and mix well.
- Serve hot or cold.
How to make semiya payasam - Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingrediants|
|Crush cardamom and cloves|
|Fry some cashews in ghee till light brown|
|now add in raisans..|
|Remove this and set aside|
|Heat remaining ghee|
|add in semiya|
|fry for few minutes|
|add in water|
|half cook the semiya|
|pour in milk|
|and your crushed spices|
|Cook it completely...Add in sugar|
|and condensed milk..|
|add in the fried nuts..