Ulli Kaaram Recipe – Ulli Kaaram Dosa Recipe with step wise pictures
Delicious onion chutney dosa which taste super delicious and so flavourful. This Ulli Kaaram Dosa is perfect for breakfast.
Ulli kaaram dosa is nothing but a spicy onion chutney spread all over dosa. Dosa is cooked till golden and crispy. You can serve spicy onion chutney with dosa, idli or any breakfast recipe too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Dosa Batter as needed
- Oil - 1 tblsp + 1 tblsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 4 to 5
- Garlic - 4 to 5
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind a small piece
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - a pinch
- Heat oil in a pan, add in dry red chilli and garlic and roast them.
- Add in onions and salt and cook for 2 mins. Add tamarind and mix well.
- Take the mix in a blender and puree coarse.
- Take it in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, curry leaves and asafoetida. Pour it into the chutney and mix well.
- For making dosa, spread dosa batter and drizzle oil around the sides. Spread chutney all over it and cook till golden.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add dry red chilli and garlic
2)Roast till golden
3)Add in onions
4)Saute them for a min.
5)Add salt to taste
6)Add in tamarind
8)Take it in a blender
9)Puree till coarse
10)Take it in a bowl
11)Heat oil for seasoning
12)Add mustard and curry leaves
13)Add a pinch of asaofoetida
14)Pour it in
15)Mix well. Chutney done.
16)Take dosa batter
17)Pour batter in a hot pan
19)Drizzle oil around the sides and let it roast
20)Spoon chutney on top
22)Roast till golden