Varutharacha Nattu Kozhi Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious chicken curry which is not only easy to make but is so yummy. This taste amazing with some rice or roti.
This is a simple chicken curry made using fresh spices and ground coconut. This chicken dish is so easy to make, you need basic ingredients. If you use small chicken pieces then it will be more tasty.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Varutharacha Chicken Curry Recipe
- Nattu kozhi / Country chicken - 1 kg
- Onion - 3 large sliced thinly
- Coconut Oil - 4 tblsp
- Fennel seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 2 tsp
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Tomatoes - 4 large chopped finely
- Chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tblsp
- Potato - 2 large peeled and cubed
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 6
- Coriander Seeds / Malli - 2 tblsp
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Take chicken in a pressure cooker, add salt and turmeric powder and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistle. Turn off the heat and let it sit till steam escapes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add coriander seeds and chillies and saute till toasted.
- Add coconut and saute till it gets golden.
- Take it in a blender and make it into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add onions and cook till golden.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add in cooked chicken and mix well.
- Add ground masala, salt and mix well.
- Cook till oil separates.
1)This is country chicken, use nattu kozhi. Take it in a pressure cooker.
2)Add salt and turmeric powder
3)Add in water and cook till done
4)Heat oil in a kadai. Add in coriander seeds and dry red chillies
5)Saute till toasted
6)Add in coconut
7)Cook till golden
8)Just like this
9)Take it in a blender and grind till smooth.
10)Now it is well ground.
11)Take oil in a pan
12)Add in fennel seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves and cloves
13)Add ginger and garlic paste
15)Cook till golden
16)Add in tomatoes
17)Cook till mushy
18)Now it is done
19)Add in chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder
20)Saute for a min
21)Add in potatoes
23)Add in cooked chicken along with stock
25)Add in coconut masala
27)Simmer till oil separates