Erode Style Chicken Thanni Kuzhambu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious chicken kuzhambu which has lots of flavour and is little liquidy like rasam. This can be had as a soup or a light lunch when poured over a bowl with hot rice.
Thanni kuzhambu is nothing but a liquidy or watery chicken curry. The gravy has lots of flavour in them and is almost like a soup. I came across this recipe preparation from one of my friend which mentioned about this type of gravy. I did a research online and came across few recipes and tried my version of it. It tasted delicious.
This recipe doesn’t need any tomatoes, but i found that this curry lacked a tartness. So i added some lemon juice in the end and it was yummy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Chicken with bones - 250 grams
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Coriander leaves a handful
FOR MASALA POWDER:
- Dry Red Chilli - 6 to 8
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Whole Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Rice - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds - 3 tblsp
FOR WET MASALA:
- Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 10
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Ground masala powder
- Take the masala powder ingredients in a pan and toast till golden. Take it in a blender and puree till smooth powder.
- Now take the wet masala. Heat oil in a pan. Add wet masala ingredients and saute well. Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in chicken, curry leaves and sear them, Add in salt, water and cook till chicken is done.
- Add the masala and cook till oil separates.
- Now add in lemon juice and coriander leaves.
1)Take your masala ingredients.
2)Take it in a pan
3)Dry roast till golden
4)Add coriander powder and mix well.
5)Take it in a blender
6)Powder fine. Set aside.
Also check out
7)Now lets make the wet masala. Heat little coconut oil in a pan, add in curry leaves
8)Add in peeled shallots
9)Add in ginger garlic paste
11)Add in coconut
12)Saute them till light golden
13)Add in the masala powder
15)Take it in a blender
16)Puree till smooth.
ALSO CHECK OUT
17)Heat oil in a pan.
18) Add in curry leaves
19)Add in chicken with bones.
20)Add in green chillies
21)Saute till lightly seared
23)Cover and simmer
24)Simmer till done
25)Add in coconut masala
27)Cook till oil separates on top
28)Now oil has separated
29)Take it off the heat. Add lemon juice
30)Add in coriander leaves