Mango Phirni Recipe – Mango Rice Pudding Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious mango phirni which makes a tasty dessert. This is perfect for this summer. Use up all the mangoes and make this delicious dessert now.
Ever since mango season started i wanted to make this phirni for a long time. Finally made it few days back and it was delicious. Enjoyed it to the core. Serve this cold in the end of your meal and you will love it for sure.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Basmati Rice - ½ cup
- Milk - 3 to 4 cups
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Mango Puree - 1 cup
- Chopped Mixed Nuts - ½ cup (I used cashews, almonds, pista & raisins)
- Saffron a pinch
- Cardamom Powder - ¼ tsp
- Soak basmati rice for 1 hour. Drain the water and take it in a blender and add little milk and puree till coarse.
- Take it in a sauce pan, add remaining milk and cook this whole thing till thickened and rice is cooked. Keep mixing always.
- Now add in sugar and cook for another 10 mins.
- Now take it off the heat and add mango puree.
- Add nuts, saffron, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Spoon into bowls and refrigerate.
- Serve cold.
1)Take basmati rice in a bowl.
2)Add water and let it soak for 1 hour.
3)Take it in a blender and puree till little coarse.
4)Add milk when blending
5)Take it in a sauce pan
6)Add remaining milk
7)Keep whisking and cooking till it thickens
8)Now it is thick and the rice is cooked.
10)Keep whisking and cook for another 10 mins
10)Now it is done. Take it off the heat
11)Add mango puree
13)Add chopped nuts and dried fruits
14)Add cardamom powder
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.