Pineapple pulisery is my favorite curry,because I love the complete pineapple flavour over flowing in this curry...and also the sweet flavour coming from this..this is a famous dish in kerala,You can see this dish in every wedding over there..Serve this with hot steaming rice,it will be heaven.
This meal is a complete one because the pineapple pulisery is a mild flavourful curry so to accompany that the potato dish is good since it is a spicy dish...Then to finish the meal a bowl full of carrot halwa will do. I will post the recipe for both soon..So hope you all will give it a try and let me know what you think
Pineapple Pulisery Recipe
- Pineapple-1 cup chopped
- Pineapple Puree - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder / Manjal Podi -1 tsp
- Curd- 3 tblspn well beaten
- Salt-to taste
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- For coconut paste:
- Fresh Coconut- ½ cup grated
- Green chilli- 2
- Cumin seeds / Jeerakam -1 tsp
- For seasonings:
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku -1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Coconut oil-2 tblspn
- Grind together coconut,cumin,green chilli into a smooth paste by adding water.
- In a kadai add pineapple, pineapple puree,turmeric powder,salt and sugar with some water and cook until the pineapple is cooked.
- Now add in coconut paste and mix well..Bring this to a boil.Remove this from heat and add in the well beaten curd and mix well.
- Heat the ingredients for seasonings in oil and pour over the curry and mix well.
- Serve this with hot steamed rice.
|Take coconut, green chilli and cumin seeds in a blender|
|add little water and make it into a fine puree|
|Now take your other stuffs|
|I have 1 cup of pineapple cubes and
1 cup of pineapple puree
|First take pineapple chunks in a kadai|
|add in pineapple puree|
|pour in water|
|now add in some turmeric powder|
|add in salt and sugar|
|bring this to a good boil..Boil this for 5 to 6 mins|
|now the pineapple is cooked|
|add in coconut masala|
|bring it to a boil|
|once it starts to boil, remove it from heat|
|add in well beaten curd|
|mix really well|
|Heat coconut oil in a small pan|
|add in mustard and urad dal|
|add some curry leaves|
|and couple of dry red chillies|
|fry till golden|
|now pour this into the curry|