Palm Jaggery Cake Recipe – Karupatti Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
Palm Jaggery Cake Recipe. Delicious cake made using palm jaggery, wheat flour. It is so good and healthy for you.
One of my friend gave me this idea of making palm jaggery cake with wheat flour for this christmas. And i sure liked it and noted it down. When i came back from our trip the first thing came to my mind is to bake this. Finally i made it today and loved it so much. The texture is perfect, not too sweet, just right.
I made this cake in a loaf pan and it was perfect. I was able to slice it perfectly and the palm jaggery added a nice molasses taste to the cake which was yummy.
This cake is perfect to make for this christmas. You can add any dried fruits and nuts in this cake.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Palm Jaggery / Karupatti - 200 grams
- Water - ½ cup (120 ml)
- Wheat Flour - 1 cup (120 grams)
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ¼ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
- Nutmeg Powder - a pinch
- Eggs - 2
- Oil or Melted Butter - ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper, grease with oil and set aside.
- Take palm jaggery in a sauce pan, add in water and heat till jaggery melt.Set aside to cool downa.
- Take wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl and whisk well.
- Take eggs, oil, melted palm jaggery and mix well.
- Add this to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon this into the pan and bake for 30 mins.
- Remove it and cool down for 10 mins.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take palm jaggery / karupatti in a sauce pan.
2)Add little water
3)Heat till it is melted
5)Set aside to cool.
6)Take wheat flour in a bowl
7)Add in baking soda
8)Add in baking powder
9)Add in salt
10)Add cinnamon and nutmeg powder.
12)Take oil in a bowl
15)Add palm jaggery syrup
17)Add in to the dry ingredients
20) Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with oil
21)Pour the batter in
22)Pop it in oven and bake for 30 mins
23)Remove it and cool it down
24)Slice and serv
LOOK AT THOSE TEXTURE!