Cantonese Chicken Recipe with step wise pictures.
Cantonese chicken is one of the easiest chicken you could ever make. It taste delicious with rice, noodles or fried rice. It is sweet and salty and taste so delicious.
I tasted this chicken in a restaurant and it was served over a bed of rice. I enjoyed it so much, i thought of recreating it at home. I searched online and the recipe was pretty simple and basic.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Boneless Chicken - 500 grams
- Oyster Sauce - 2 tblsp
- Dark Soy Sauce - 1 tblsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Garlic - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Onion - ½ cup chopped finely
- Chicken Stock or Water - 1 cup
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 1 tblsp
- Take chicken, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt and vinegar in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic and onions. Saute for a min.
- Add in the chicken and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Now add in cornflour which is mixed with water into this. Stir well. Cook till it is thickened as per your liking.
- Serve over rice.
1)Take boneless chicken in a bowl
2)Add in oyster sauce
3)Add in vinegar
4)Add dark soy sauce
7)Take cornflour in a bowl
8)Mix with water and set aside.
9)Heat oil in a wok
9)Add in onions, garlic and ginger
10)Saute for a min.
11)Add chicken in
12)Stir fry for 2 mins
13)Add in water or chicken stock
14)Bring it to a boil. Simmer the flame and cook for 5 mins till chicken is done.
16)Add salt to taste
17)Add cornflour slurry
19)Serve over rice.