This is my favourite chutney. I make them quite often because they are so easy to make and taste so yum. When you make this, try to get a double batch of it, so that you can store this in fridge and use whenever you need.
My little one like this chutney a lot, so make this with less chilli powder and have it in fridge, she loves it with her dosa or idli.
About Tomato Chilli Chutney
Tomato chutney is one of the basic and popular chutney recipe. In the past tomatoes are either roasted in the coal till it is charred and then pounded with chillies and other stuff in a mortar and pestle. I have a fancier version of roasted tomato chutney
Now we don't have that much time on hand. So make chutney faster and easier. This is one such recipe in which you take all ingredients and puree in a blender. Then cook that in gingelly oil.
Gingelly oil in tomato chutney is really delicious since it adds a mild aroma to the chutney and it is one of the healthiest oil.
How to Make Tomato Chilli Chutney
Basic ingredients like tomatoes, chilli powder, tamarind is needed. This chutney makes a great side dish for dosa or takes a clear name of chutney for dosa or idli.
- Grind together tomatoes, chillies along with tamarind, sugar, and salt.
- Cook that down in some oil.
- Tomato chilli chutney is made.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Tomato Chilli Chutney Recipe
- 1 large Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Sugar
- a small piece Tamarind
- 3 tbsp Gingelly Oil | Sesame Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- Take tomatoes, chilli powder, salt, sugar and tamarind in a mixer, puree smoothly.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in mustard seeds and let them splatter.
- Now add in the puree and cook till oil separates.
- Now serve with idli or dosa.
- This chutney stays good for a week in fridge.
Tomato Chilli Chutney Step by Step
1)Take tomatoes in a blender
2)add in chilli powder
3)add in some salt
4)add in some sugar, this balances the tartness of the tomatoes
6)make this into a smooth puree
7)Now heat some gingelly oil in a kadai
8)add in some mustard seeds
9)let them splatter
10)add in the pureed tomatoes
12)cook till oil separates
13)enjoy..this chutney stays good for a week in fridge
- Mysore Bonda Recipe
- Dhokla Recipe / Khaman Dhokla Recipe / Besan Dhokla Recipe / Gujarati Dhokla with Green Chutney
- Dry Garlic Chutney Recipe | Sukha Lehsun ka Chutney
- Green Chutney | Green Chutney Recipe
- Green Bell Pepper Chutney / Capsicum Chutney
- Sweet Mango Chutney / Aam Ki Chutney / Aam Ki Chatni / Golkeri / Mango Launji