Moong Dal Kachori Recipe - Khasta Kachori Recipe- Diwali Snack Recipes with step wise pictures.
Super delicious stuffed moong dal kachori which not only taste amazing but is easy to make as well. This kachori makes a great breakfast option or snack for your kids.
This is the first time I am making kachori. I got so many request for making this delicious snack but now I feel terrible for not making this till now. Because it is one of the delicious thing I have ever had. The flakiness of the outer pastry with the sweet, tangy and spicy filling makes it so delicious. This can be had for breakfast or as a snack with a cup of chai.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Moong Dal Kachori Recipe - Khasta Kachori Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Ghee or Oil - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - 1 cup
- Ginger - 1 tblsp chopped
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped
- Oil - 1 tblsp + for deep frying
- Cumin Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - a pinch
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Fennel Seed Powder -1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Amchoor Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take flour, salt and oil in a bowl and mix the oil into the flour. Add water and make a soft dough. Leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Soak moong dal for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain and take it in a blender, add chillies and ginger and grind tilll litttle coarse.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and let them sizzle.
- Add spice powders except fennel seed powder, amchoor and mix well.
- Add ground dal mix and stir and cook till thickens.
- Add in fennel seed powder and amchoor and mix well.
- Remove and cool down and shape it into balls.
- Take a dough ball, place this filling into it and seal the edges. Flatten it gently and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot.
1)Make the dough first. Take flour in a bowl.
2)Add in salt.
3)Add in oil or ghee
4)Rub it into the flour
6)Knead to a soft dough
7)Soak moong dal in a bowl.
8)Drain and take them in a blender
9)Add ginger and green chillies
10)Grind to a smooth puree
11)Heat oil in a pan. add cumin seeds
13)Add spice powders
14)Stir fry for a min
15)Add ground dal mix
16)Add some salt to taste
17)Cook till it thickens and is done.
18)Add in amchoor and fennel seed powder
20)Shape it into equal balls
21)Take a ball, flatten it
22)Place filling in
23)Seal the sides
25)Time to fry
26)Deep fry till golden
27)Keep frying on medium heat
28)Fry them till golden