Easy and delicious khoya stuffed suryakala chandrakala sweet recipe taste so good. This sweet is perfect for any festive occasions like diwali so make this for any occasions.
Suryakala Chandrakala Sweet Recipe
- Sugar 250 grams
- Oil for deep frying
- For Dough:
- All Purpose Flour / Maida-300 gms
- Ghee-2 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Baking Soda-1 tsp
- Water as needed
- For Filling:
- Pal kova / Sweetened Khoya - 1 cup Click Here&Here
- Nuts-2 tblspn chopped I used badam and cashews
- Sultanas / Raisans / Kishmish-2 tblspn chopped
- Cardamom powder / Yelakai podi-1 tsp
- Take flour,salt,baking soda and ghee in amixing bowl and mix together..
- Slowly add in water and make it into a dough(fairly soft)..Knead this dough for 5 mins so that it gets soft and manageable..Apply some ghee over the top and knead it once..
- Cover this with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile make the filling by mixing sweetened khoya, nuts, kishmish and cardamom together..Set this aside for a moment.
- Now start making the sweet...Take the dough out and divide into equal portions depending on how big you want your sweet to be..
- For making Suryakala...Take two dough ball and roll into thin puri..Now take one circle and put some khoya filling in the middle..
- Apply some water around the edges....Take another circle and place it on top..
- Now from one end start folding in a angle and finish it to the end..(Check images for detail).
- For making Chandrakala. Take one dough ball and roll into thin puri..Now take that circle and put some khoya filling in one side. Apply some water around the edges. Now fold it in half. Now from one end start folding in a angle and finish it to the end..(Check images for detail).
- Do exactly this to all of your dough..
- Now make sugar syrup by taking sugar in a kadai and cover it with water..Bring this to boil and let it boil till it reaches one string consistency..
- (ie) if you take the sugar syrup in a spoon and drop it..The last drop which falls from the spoon will form and string..
- While you start making your sugar syrup..Alternatively bring oil for deep frying..so that as soon as you are done frying your suryakala you can dip it in the sugar syrup..
- Now fry your suryakalas’s on a low flame till it gets golden and crispy..It will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Now dip this suryakala’s in hot sugar syrup and take it in a cooling rack..Store it in air tight container..
- Enjoy your Diwali with these dazzling sweets..
Suryakala Chandrakala Sweet step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|