Easy and delicious khoya stuffed suryakala chandrakala sweet recipe taste so good. This sweet is perfect for any festive occasions like diwali so make this for any occasions.
Suryakala Chandrakala Sweet
Hai Friends. Diwali is going to arrive soon. And I believe that you have started making yummy sweets and stuffs like that. I specially love diwali more than any festival because it is the festival of light and foods. It is also a festival of sharing. In our house we make lots and lots of stuffs and share it with whole lots of friends. I am getting into diwali spirit slowly. I already received lots of request to post diwali recipes through email. How could I ignore those stuffs. YUMMY TUMMY is on full spirit for Diwali now. From today onwards lets get going for diwali. Now I start with two recipes which are a kind of made from each other. That is Chandrakala and Suryakala.
If you are not familiar with those sweets...It is deep fried delicacy which is filled with khoya and nuts..Then it is drenched in a sugary stuff...This can be enjoyed both hot and cold..But it taste best warm. Suryakala is one of a sun shaped sweet that is very same as chandrakala..But I will post it in separate post, so that you can have a complete step by step pictures of it. The pastry which is used for this is very straight forward. This is very simple to make and delicious to dig in.
I will continue sharing my diwali stories and many more sweets in my coming post..So off you go for the step by step recipe with pictures.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Suryakala Chandrakala Sweet Recipe
Easy and delicious khoya stuffed suryakala chandrakala sweet recipe taste so good. This sweet is perfect for any festive occasions like diwali.
- Sugar 250 grams
- Oil for deep frying
- For Dough:
- All Purpose Flour / Maida-300 gms
- Ghee-2 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Baking Soda-1 tsp
- Water as needed
- For Filling:
- Pal kova / Sweetened Khoya - 1 cup Click Here&Here
- Nuts-2 tblspn chopped I used badam and cashews
- Sultanas / Raisans / Kishmish-2 tblspn chopped
- Cardamom powder / Yelakai podi-1 tsp
- Take flour,salt,baking soda and ghee in amixing bowl and mix together..
- Slowly add in water and make it into a dough(fairly soft)..Knead this dough for 5 mins so that it gets soft and manageable..Apply some ghee over the top and knead it once..
- Cover this with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile make the filling by mixing sweetened khoya, nuts, kishmish and cardamom together..Set this aside for a moment.
- Now start making the sweet...Take the dough out and divide into equal portions depending on how big you want your sweet to be..
- For making Suryakala...Take two dough ball and roll into thin puri..Now take one circle and put some khoya filling in the middle..
- Apply some water around the edges....Take another circle and place it on top..
- Now from one end start folding in a angle and finish it to the end..(Check images for detail).
- For making Chandrakala. Take one dough ball and roll into thin puri..Now take that circle and put some khoya filling in one side. Apply some water around the edges. Now fold it in half. Now from one end start folding in a angle and finish it to the end..(Check images for detail).
- Do exactly this to all of your dough..
- Now make sugar syrup by taking sugar in a kadai and cover it with water..Bring this to boil and let it boil till it reaches one string consistency..
- (ie) if you take the sugar syrup in a spoon and drop it..The last drop which falls from the spoon will form and string..
- While you start making your sugar syrup..Alternatively bring oil for deep frying..so that as soon as you are done frying your suryakala you can dip it in the sugar syrup..
- Now fry your suryakalas’s on a low flame till it gets golden and crispy..It will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Now dip this suryakala’s in hot sugar syrup and take it in a cooling rack..Store it in air tight container..
- Enjoy your Diwali with these dazzling sweets..
Tried this recipe?Mention @yummytummyaarthi or tag #yummytummyaarthi!
Suryakala Chandrakala Sweet step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
So so yummy:)
looks soo tempting and delicious,one of my fav.
I am your new follower,glad to follow you
Nice step by step recipe. Suryakala looks absolutely delicious...
Looks perfect and yumm..
How gorgeous are these!
The Pumpkin Farm
Wow Aarthi, you have kicked off diwali with a great recipe. loved the demonstration
Mouth watering - Really!!
Yummy and delicious sweet ,one of my fav..Thanks for visiting my space,glad to follow you dear.
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!love the step by step Presentation. Looks Delicious!!!
Well done Aarthi, love suryakala and chandhrakala very much..beautiful clicks..
looks delicious and very tempting 🙂
wow well explained dear,wonderful post...delicious sweets.
beautiful sweets, great effort and nice explanations
Chandra kala and surya kala, both looking fabulous aarhti! Wonderful!
These are looking awesome..looks like you are all geared up for a mega diwali show..:)
Too good..looking fwd to the others aarthi..
Done perfectly..looks so tempting
nice!! Loved the step by step pics
my diwali my way
do participate in the event
nice recipes..chandrakala, suryakala..they look delicious
wow too good..
Perfect looking treat! It looks like a lot of work too but totally worth it in the end!
I think I am partial to the Suryakala!
Looks perfect and never know that this sweet is so simple to make. thanks a lot for stepwise pictures.
Yummy!whatever kala i would love them all.
Oh my gosh....that is an awesome work, love suryakalas...but too lazy to do them!!
I love your blog so much, I am following your blog for the past 1 year and all the receipes which I have tried came out very well. By seeing your blog I am interested to cook different type of varieties.. Thank you..
How to make the north Indian sweet gujiya... It's something similar I believe but with sooji